Joseph Holland ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Age: 21

Major: Philosophy and French

Class, Year: Credits junior, year standing sophomore

Relationship Status: Currently single

Hobbies/Interests: Soccer, soccer, and soccer. I read a lot and I try to teach myself things I do not learn in school.

Campus Involvement: I don’t have time since I am on the soccer team. If I had the time I would like to join the Quidditch team just for fun.

Pet Peeve: People who speak to hear the sound of their own voice and have nothing important or valuable to say

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I see myself as a professional soccer player in America or Europe, playing for the New York Red Bulls or playing for Arsenal in London.

What do you look for in a girl? How many times she says like in our first conversation. Her eyes, obviously her physical appearance, I can’t look past that. Then if she interests me; if she just challenges me intellectually.

Best Vacation Spot: Some lone cottage in the middle of a complex mountain range.

Role-Model: For life, my mom probably. She’s incredibly brave, incredibly loyal and incredibly strong.

If you could live in any era/time period where would you live? The time period we’re in now. Because it’s the modern day it’s the here and now. It’s in my definition the most advanced in terms of human knowledge and technology. Even though I hate the way a lot of our generation uses technology; we still have more than we had 10 years ago. We have more than we had 10 minutes ago. So, I live in the current day.

What is one place everyone should visit before they die?  They should go up the shard, which is the tallest building in London. There is 360 degree view on top, on the 72nd floor, and you can see London span out for 10 to 15 miles. It’s ridiculously beautiful.

Best thing about Hofstra: The fact that it is near New York.

Goal for the semester: Be ranked nationally as one of the best players in the country and get a 3.8 minimum GPA.

Any other languages: I speak French reasonably well, not fluent, but I taught myself.

Favorite place to shop: Zara or Topman. It’s Topman at the moment.

What do you love about autumn: I love that it rains a lot; I love rain.

Man crush Monday: David Beckham, Trey Songz, Channing Tatum

Joseph Holland message to HerCampus readers: “Come to the soccer games!”

Current sophomore at Hofstra University majoring in journalism.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!