This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Oh… its that time of year of again. Its getting colder outside, Christmas and Thanksgiving are just around the corner and its Cuffing Season. Listen ladies no one wants to cuddle alone in this cold weather, and when you need that sweater, who are you going to call… none other than your boyfriend.

But many of you are probably wondering how/when/what should I wear to get him to like me. Have no fear – here are some tips to turn your crush into your boyfriend.

Tip 1: This is Cuffing Season Not Marriage

Many us have very high standards. When we see a guy we like we tend to imagine our whole life with them before we even begin talking to them. Lower your standards just a bit. You’d be surprised as to what kind of guys you’ll meet and like.

Tip 2: Parties and outings are the best way to meet your Cutie.

You actually have to go out. He’s not hiding in your dorm room or at the library. On that Friday night when you aren’t doing anything make a pit stop down to the club or to that new restaurant and have a good time. Prince Charming could be waiting.

Tip 3: Be confident yet seductive.

There is nothing more attractive then a girl who can walk up to a cutie and say “Hey.” Don’t be shy this cuffing season. Mix and mingle and introduce yourself to anyone that catches your eye. Leave a little to his imagination so that he’ll be wanting more. Don’t fall head over heels for the smooth voice and skills – or at least don’t do it to his face.

Tip 4: Keep your options open.

Never dedicate the whole cuffing season to one guy. Have three to five options open just in case two are not really your type. Towards the middle to end of Cuffing Season eliminate two or three that didn’t quite make the cut. But be careful. Do not confuse names, numbers and events with your cuties or you’ll end up cuff-less by the end of the season.

Tip 5: Don’t Change who you are but Take Risks.

Cuffing season is all about risk. You should never change yourself to accommodate your cutie or cuties but be open to learning new things. He might tell you to watch a new show or try new foods; you can discover so much about yourself that you never knew. Take the risk. It’s worth it and it creates fun memories.

Tip 6: If you want him go after him, but be timely.

Too many times we are waiting by the phone waiting for him to call us. We wait for days, weeks and sometimes months and we get no response. Let’s stop waiting. Be confident and pick up the phone and call. But be timely. Time is everything in the cuffing season. If you move to fast you could possibly scare him away. If you move too slow he’ll move on to someone else. So if you’re in the early stages, where you just met him and he just met you, I would give it a week before texting or calling again. If you two are good friends, I say three days maximum before calling or texting. This way you don’t seem overbearing but rather cool. Ladies don’t wait for him to call you, you call him. Make plans and then take your time, trust me, you won’t regret it.

Tip 7: Be honest, tell him how you feel

After narrowing your choices tell your cutie how you really feel. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Guys are just as shy as girls are when its come to sharing your feelings. Its best to be honest so that if he is not interested you can move on and find somebody else.

Hi, My name is Stacyann Nathan, an air on talent and Reporter for 88.7 WRHU Radio Hofstra. I love to write, sing and dance. My weakness is Chocolate and I hope that one day I will one of the greatest journalist Alive 
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!