How Arianna Huffington Helped Me Survive Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Sleep is always a weird thing for me. Some nights I hit the pillow and I’m out, others I’m tossing and turning for hours. I’m one of those people who desperately needed Arianna Huffington and her new book helping me to sleep better each and every night.

First it starts with the rohm portable sound machine. I’ve never been interested in sound machines so I went into trying this with a negative view. That view changed really quick once I heard the surf setting. I love the beach more than any place in the world so to have a portable beach is the ultimate dream. Not only did this put me to sleep faster than you can imagine, but it helped me to clear my mind and think while writing final papers and studying for final exams.

Then there was Sense. This is possibly one of the greatest inventions in the world. Not only is it so interesting to look at, but it tracks every bit of your sleep to let you know how you’re doing in the middle of the night. Seriously this will fix all of your problems. 

Also included was the sleep revolution mask which didn’t just help me, it helped my boyfriend to sleep while I was up late studying. 

And then there was The Sleep Revolution by Arianna Huffington. If you have trouble sleeping, this book will fix all of your problems. Before my biggest exam of the semester, I couldn’t sleep. I opened Arianna’s book looking for some tips, and I found some ways to meditate. I can’t remember the last time I fell asleep quicker. She has some new lessons in this book for each and every one of us.

Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.