david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween At Hofstra: Costumes for Roommates and Suitemates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner. You and your roomies are so excited to rock a unique, fun costume together this year. There are so many options to choose from. What’s been done, what’s popular this year, what are you all interested in?

There’s a costume for every friend group, and we are here to help:

Teletubbies:

Great for a group of 4! It’s simple enough where you can dress it up in a day, and it’s super cute and different. Wear a dress, or a onesie!

Loofas:

How comical would this be? Walking around as a loofa. Let’s be real, you can also eat as much as you want and no one will notice.

Spice Girls:

Tell me what you want, what you really, really want. Unleash your inner Spice Girl and be fierce! Your gals will be sure to feel powerful. Plus, you get to fake a British accent if you want.

Oompa Loompas:

Another classic, comical costume. The best part of this one is you can add as many people as you want. You can go from two to twenty.

Tweedle-Dee Tweedle-Dum:

These original go-to Disney characters have been a staple in Halloween for years. They’re a mixture of cute and goofy, and everyone knows who you are!

The Cheetah Girls:

Girl power! Many of us grew up in the era of Raven Simone and the Cheetah Girls. How many of us wanted to be them growing up, making our big break and going to Barcelona?

Disney Princesses:

Tale as old as time. There are so many to choose from. Bring out the princess you’ve always wanted to be and act like the royalty you always knew you belonged in! You and your suitemates will be feeling fancy.

Superheroes:

There are so many superheroes to choose from! There’s Marvel, DC, and anything in between. There are also many costume types to choose from. You all want to be Wonder Woman? There are crop tops, onesies, dresses and others so you can all dress as the same and rock all the looks

Mario and Luigi:

Here we goooo! Go save Princess Peach and Daisy from Bowser all while rocking the mustache. This is where the silly side of you comes out.

From HerCampus Hofstra, we hope you have a wonderful and safe Halloween!

Hi everyone! I'm 21 years old, studying Journalism with minors in Creative Writing and Marketing. Her Campus has given me place to write what I want, and I' so glad to share these articles with you!
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.