Furniture Stores You Probably Haven’t Heard of, But Will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

These fashionable furniture stores have made their way into contemporary culture by providing value, and affordability. When I walked into these stores, I thought there is no way that I could live so glamorously. As a side thought, when I saw their designs I thought about ideas like functionality, success, and comfort. Like nice clothes, furniture is an investment; once you have it, you probably won’t have to replace it for a while. 

Arhaus

A post shared by Arhaus (@arhaus) on

Although this store can be pricey; it has quality, naturally made materials that add a woodsy, earth-like overtone to your home. “This world is our inspiration. Our designers search the world to bring you fresh influence, a unique color, an unexpected silhouette, a global flavor. It is no surprise that so many of our pieces are exclusive works of art” Arhaus says. To invest in quality furniture like this, you get functionality and fashion.

West Elm

A post shared by west elm (@westelm) on

This too is a bit pricey but very much like the furniture, you’d see in twilight. It’s contemporary fashion. You see their ribbed throws with over-simplistic tones, color faded rugs, and the trend within the furniture’s legs which makes for a very expensive, classic, simple look. This can make decisions easy, or difficult for those remodeling, or add to their wardrobe. However, I will say their selection of window treatments, home decor, and pillows is “simply” chic.  

Bassett (HGTV Home design studio by Bassett)

A post shared by Bassett Furniture (@bassettfurniture) on

Ever watch HGTV? This store’s furniture is often purchased by them. If you are looking for classic meets contemporary; this is the place for you. This furniture is not only attractive to the eye but also comfortable, and affordable. Their prices are practical for their vision, and reputation of providing lasting improvement.

Pottery Barn

A post shared by Pottery Barn (@potterybarn) on

This store will bring a very urban contemporary, city-like feel to the tone of your home. It is on the pricey end of the furniture spectrum however, the sale section has very reasonable prices for anyone looking to add to their home. The furniture items have very simplistic, functional, attractive details. This store is unique by putting a heavy emphasis on vibrant rugs, woods with all sorts of tones, and crystal chandeliers from what could have originated from Gatsby’s Mansion.

Ethan Allen

A post shared by Ethan Allen (@ethanallen) on

Finally a furniture store with a bold, bright, colorful-patterned designs to choose from. One word I have chosen to describe the vibe of this furniture store is chic. This store is classic meets chic. Some designs within the store remind me of Gossip Girl’s Blair Waldorf’s home furnishing. It’s nevertheless on the more expensive side. The prices are a bit high within the clearance section. However, Ethan Allen states that “[They] [are] much more than a retailer. We also design and build most of what we sell. This allows us to bring you styles you can’t find anywhere else, created with an uncompromisable level of craftsmanship and at values that will constantly surprise you.”

Whether you are shopping for your house, or apartment these five furniture stores can really make a difference in the tone of your home.

Hi, I'm Amanda Lyles, and I love to write! I love movies, shows, music, travel, and food haha.