Friday Favorites: 2.24.12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Favorite Trend: Denim Shirts. I cannot get enough of them. Seriously… Maybe this is the 90s kid finally breaking out of me. The funny thing is, I don’t even think I liked denim shirts when I was a kid but I love them now! Very casual yet chic in its own way.

Favorite Laugh: Manbabies. Visit this site for more of these hilarious photoshopped pictures.

Favorite Animals: Hofstra Cats. I have seen a numerous amount of Hofstra cats this week – more than I usually see. I find it a little odd since it is winter and I would think that they would be in hiding somewhere…  But I still love to see them creeping around campus!

Favorite On-Campus Food: Taro 13 Asian Fusion Cuisine. I don’t think I could count on my hands and feet how many times I have eaten sushi within the past week. When I was younger, I was never a big sushi fan but I have definitely become one now. My favorite sushi roll is the East Meets West roll. It’s filled with chicken tempura, crab, cucumber, and a spicy sauce – great combination with a perfect kick!

Favorite Accessory: Ray-Bans. Or even just a guy on your arm that’s wearing Ray-Bans. I think they are universally fitting to every face shape known to man. I don’t think I have ever seen someone who didn’t look good in Ray-Bans. I, personally, go for the knock-offs at Forever 21 or along the boardwalk when I visit the Jersey Shore in the summer. Grabbing a $5 pair off the streets of NYC doesn’t sound like a bad idea, either.
Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!