This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

TGIF! Finals week is about to begin. Have your fun now before it all goes downhill. I’m praying I pass everything—and you do too! Let’s jump into my week in fitness.

Here’s me this week in a Lululemon sports bra and Forever 21 leggings.

My workouts by day:

DAY 1: 20 min yoga and stretches 

DAY 2: 30 min yoga

DAY 3: 15 min abs, 10 min legs, 10 min stretch

Workout protip of the week:

I know we already spoke about stretching on this blog, but this week I want to mention a tool that can help push you further into your stretches and create deeper and more elongated poses.

Photo by popsugar.com

Photo by trxstraps.us

I love using my yoga strap to help push my stretches into the space surrounding me, rather than just the space that my body naturally inhabits. Yoga straps can assist you in pushing a pose further than you normally would by reaching into the space that you cannot psychically reach into. My favorite uses for the strap is deepening my dancer’s pose and pulling my leg closer to my head while I’m stretching on my back. If you have short arms or a lack flexibility in a certain part of your body, this tool can help you work on stretches that you normally wouldn’t be able to!

Fitsagram of the week:

YogaInspiration

Photo by yogainspiration via Instagram

This account is full of inspiring pictures of yogis, along with motivational quotes. Follow this site to integrate more positivity onto your feed!

Gym must-have of the week:

ASICS

Photo by asics via Instagram

My mom is a runner and she always tells me that ASICS are the best shoes for running. I currently use an old pair of hers but I’d like to start fresh with my very own pair soon!

Healthy treat of the week:

Clif Bars

Photo by clifbar via Instagram

I have been a big fan of Clif Bars for a few years but I stopped eating them for a while. Recently, I have been back on board and these are the perfect treat for on-the-go energy or something to eat quickly when you don’t have much time.

That’s it for today! Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to love yourself.

DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way a fitness professional or a nutritionist, I just put a big focus on health and nutrition in my life and want to share what works for me.

Gia Tims

Hofstra '20

Gia is a double major in journalism and Italian at Hofstra University. She is obsessed with yoga, pugs, Friends and Target runs. Gia loves writing and hopes to live in NYC one day to fulfill her dream of becoming a journalist! Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @giatims