kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fitness Friday: Week of 4/10

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s finally Friday! I hope everyone had an awesome week. Spring semester is almost over, so hang in there! Let’s jump into my week in fitness.

Me this week in Aerie leggings and a Nike sportsbra.

My Workouts by Day:

MON: 30 min full body yoga workout via YouTube

THURS: 15 min elliptical, 10 min stretch, 10 min squats [4 sets, 10 reps 125 lbs, 1 set 10 reps 135 lbs], 10 min abs all at gym

I missed a day of workouts. Whoops! 

Workout Protip of the Week:

This week I am going to touch on ab workouts. Ab muscles recover quickly, so it’s okay to exercise them every day! Some other muscles in your body need rest for a day or two after you work them out, but your abs can handle some daily loving. Of course, if your core is sore, you should stretch it out and rest. The abs are one of my favorite sections of my body to work out because it makes me feel really healthy and strong in other areas of my workout because your core is the center of your body.

There a lot of workouts you can do to strengthen your core. If you are looking for nice sequences, I recommend any of Yoga with Adriene’s yoga for weight loss or ab videos. There are a lot of videos and sequences you can find online that require no extra equipment. The two most important things to remember when working your core are to remember to breathe, (a lot of people hold their breath when they tense up, and this makes the workout more painful) and to stretch your core afterward. Stretching afterward helps relax your muscles and allows the lactic acid that built up to move around, therefore benefitting you more! Don’t forget to welcome the burn as well, that means that you are getting an awesome workout in.

Fitstagram of the Week:

@vanessaeyoga

Photo by @vanessaeyoga via Instagram

Vanessa is a Canadian yoga teacher with the most adorable yoga filled Instagram! Follow her for yoga inspo.

Gym Must-Have of the Week:

Flexi Lexi Leggings

Photo by @flexilexi_fitness via Instagram

These leggings come in uber cute patterns and colors. They also make mini sized ones so babies can match with their mamas, big sisters, or aunties while they get their sweat on!

Healthy Treat of the Week:

Luna Bars

Photo by @lunabar via Instagram

Luna Bars are great snacks to stuff in your purse or backpack. These delicious bars come in tons of flavors and are made to be good for your tummy! My favorite flavor currently is s’mores.

That’s it for this week! Have a good weekend, and don’t forget to love yourself.

DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way a fitness professional or a nutritionist, I just put a big focus on health and nutrition in my life and want to share what works for me.

Gia Tims

Hofstra '20

Gia is a double major in journalism and Italian at Hofstra University. She is obsessed with yoga, pugs, Friends and Target runs. Gia loves writing and hopes to live in NYC one day to fulfill her dream of becoming a journalist! Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @giatims