This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

We’re in the middle of midterms which means we’re already halfway through the semester! That also means winter is right around the corner. Take advantage of all this season has to offer, before all of the pretty leaves are gone and the weather is too cold to venture outside for more than 10 minutes.

Go pumpkin picking

Watch the last week of ABC Family 13 Nights of Halloween

Take a picture with a pumpkin, throwing leaves, at an apple orchard

Bake a pie

Carve a pumpkin

Go on a hayride

Have a bonfire

Drink apple cider

Visit a haunted house

Eat a candy apple

Find the perfect pair of boots to complete your fall wardrobe

Volunteer at a soup kitchen

Find the perfect fall scented candle

Have a picnic surrounded by beautiful fall leaves

Tailgate a football game

Try every fall Starbucks drink

Decorate your room for the holidays

Take a day trip to find beautiful scenery

Go for a hike

Donate to a holiday food bank

Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.