Everything You Need for a DIY Mini Emergency Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Every girl has some sort of outfit malfunction at some point in their lives. Some have more than others, me for example. Either way, a mini emergency kit is something that could really save your day. Whether you need that extra sprits of hairspray or a Band-Aid to cover up those pesky blisters here are the things you need to stay looking amazing!

Here’s what you need:

• Mini Mascara
  • Blush
  • Makeup Remover
  • Chapstick
  • Needle and thread
  • Nail file
  • Band-Aids
  • Hair ties
  • Hairspray
  • Bobby pins
  • Deodorant
  • Lotion
  • Tampons
  • Hand Sanitizer

Here are also two things that I would defiantly recommend getting in a travel size, I just didn’t have them on hand currently:

• Lotion
  • Deodorant or Deodorant spray

A few items that I didn’t have on hand, but you can include are:

• Advil
  • Safety Pin
  •  Wet wipes
  • Tide-to-Go mini stain remover
  • Tic -Tac’s or some pieces of gum

I actually bought a few of the premade kits for family members last Christmas and found myself opening my mom’s because I was in dire need of something that was inside. After that, I just decided to create my own. These are especially great if you plan on going into the city because you never really know what is going to happen and it is always nice to be prepared for anything and everything.

Unfortunately, I did not have a tiny bag that I could put all this stuff in to show you guys how cute it really would look. However, soon I do plan on doing a snap segment on a mini emergency kit (when I get a cute bag) to show you guys a couple more awesome things!

These are so super easy to throw together. They work great when you’re in a hurry and they also work great for presents for others! 

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.