Computer Repair Center: Technology Rescue Right Next Door

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Finals week is stressful enough but thanks to Hofstra’s Student Computing Services, students do not have to worry about fixing last minute computer glitches on their own. The Computer Repair Center is available to all Hofstra students and is located right inside the Hammer lab.

“Finals week is one of our busiest times during the semester,” said Philip Hindes a student computer technician. The Computer Repair Center offers free computer diagnostics, virus and spyware removal, hardware installations, and free warranty services for most Apple and Lenovo computers.

“It’s nice to know that there is somewhere on campus that can fix any problems I have with my computer. I like not having to go off campus,” said Natalie Koch, a sophomore dance major.

“The problems we see most often are when students are having problems with their hard drives or they have pretty bad viruses,” said Alex Pressor, a student computer technician. Offering free diagnostics is a service Pressor would like all students to be aware of. “Diagnostics is completely free and I wish all students knew that because I think that [money] may be holding them back from coming in and getting help.”

Do not hesitate to walk in and speak with a technician, they would love to help with your computer needs! The Computer Repair Center is open 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Fridays. 

MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!