Campus Style: Lauren Wolfe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Lauren Wolfe

Class: ‘16

Major: Broadcast Journalism with a minor in Anthropology

What she’s wearing:

Pants: Lucky Brand

Sweater: Marshall’s

Jacket: Boutique in Pennsylvania

Purse: Tori Burch

Shoes: Forever 21

Necklace: Macy’s

What are your favorite clothing stores?I love Forever 21, Macy’s and anywhere I can get a bargain but still look cute!

Where do you typically find the bargains?Definitely Marshalls! You can get your name brands but it’s so much cheaper, and you’re still in style.

Do you have any tips for shopping at Marshalls, it is usually a hit or miss type thing?I think you just have to go with an open mind considering it is a hit or miss store. But you can find treasures there I think! Same with Forever 21; if you set your mind on something you’ll probably not going to find it. But if you just go out and try to look for something you wouldn’t normally look for then you’ll discover something cool. Then you will also get more compliments because it’s not something typical of you!

Do you have any style icons you look up to?Not really. I mean if I see someone or see something in a magazine that looks nice I would try to look for it. I’ll have that idea in my head while I’m go shopping. I typically look at celebrities in People magazine or InStyle. Also if I’m watching a TV show like Gossip Girl or Pretty Little Liars, I like to look at the way they dress.

MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!