Campus Style: Jasmina Dzurlic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Jasmina Dzurlic

Major: Public Relations

Class: 2017

Hometown: Bronx, NY

Top: H&M

Blazer: Forever 21

Shorts: H&M

Shoes: Aldo

Backpack: Target

HC: How would you describe your style?

JD: I would say my style is kind of chic but definitely like college chic where it’s turned down. Very New York — black, white, solitary colors. And definitely always with a little sporty spin on it, I was always an athlete and now I model so it’s a little bit of both. Usually it’s always sneakers, shorts, blazer, pants, and T-shirts.

HC:What sports did you play?

JD: Basketball and volleyball. I was an outside hitter in volleyball.

HC: Do you have any style icons you look up to?

JD: Definitely Candice Swanepoel. Her style is just everything I love!

HC: Yes, she looks fabulous just going to the airport.

JD: Yeah! In boyfriend jeans and a white tank. That’s like my signature style!

HC: What is it like modeling in New York City?

JD: Modeling in New York City is definitely a challenge but I love it because I look at it from an athlete’s standpoint. Like ‘okay let me throw myself into it’. It’s great, you really have to believe in yourself in order to do it because it’s tons of rejection but when you finally nail those jobs it feels great

HC: What kind of modeling do you do?

JD: I do print, commercial. Mainly print though. I work for a print agency.

HC: Do you have a go to outfit?

JD: I would say my boyfriend jeans with a cut off white crop with some sneaker wedges.

HC: What are your favorite stores to shop at?

JD: H&M has definitely come up big in the last 6 months; they have changed their style around. I like Guess and I have to admit Forever 21, I usually had a standoffish vibe with them because it was very mainstream but they’re getting a lot better.

HC: Where did you get your earrings?

JD: I’m not sure but I always try to throw in pearls! I love pearls. It’s something with my grandma. I just love wearing pearls.

HC: Would your grandma wear pearls?

JD: Yes! And we went to Hawaii and went pearl diving so I try to always keep that in mind.

MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!