Campus Couture: Alexandra Engelson ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Hometown: Great Neck, New York 

What She Wore: 

Shoes: Steve Madden
Dress: A small boutique
Watch: Lucky Brand
Headband: NYC street vendor 

Style Inspiration:
I am mostly inspired by costumes from Broadway musicals and different time periods. 

Favorite Stores/Designers: 
Forever 21, Alexander McQueen

Staple Item: My hair pieces! 

How She Describes Her Personal Style:
I dress according to my mood. Always girly and not in fashion but definitely not out of fashion either. 

Extra Curricular Activities: Musicals, Sewing, Designing, Helping Children

Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!
Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!