The Best Winter Accessories this Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Now that winter is right around the corner, the colder weather means more accessories to stay warm! Whether your commute is ten minutes or clear across campus, here are six great picks to stay trendy and toasty this season.

1. Tech earmuffs. Now you can listen to your favorite tunes and keep your ears cozy from the bitter winter wind! Kate Spade makes a darling polka-dotted pair and UGG makes a variety of colors using their soft sheepskin. It’s a win-win situation for your ears.
  2. Faux fur lapel collar. Faux fur is always in for the fall and winter seasons. These collars, such as this one on ASOS.com, are detachable and will spruce up any jacket or coat to look more lavish and chic.

3. Touch screen gloves. For the trendy, tech-savvy girl that is always on the go, these are perfect for using your touch-screen device without the hassle of removing your gloves. Agloves makes an affordable pair in different styles depending on how you plan to use the gloves.

4. Double pom pom beanies. This will definitely not be everyone’s cup of tea. Double pom pom beanies are a refreshing take on the essential pom pom beanie, also known as the bobble beanie. This pair from Free People will keep your ears nice and snug. Mickey Mouse would be proud.
  5. Snoods. Although snoods are not a new trend, they are always in for the wintertime. Even just saying the word “snood” is fun. I like to consider them the infinity scarf’s little brother because it is shorter and can either be draped as a cowl neck, wrapped around like an infinity scarf, or be worn as a hood. These chunky pairs from J.Crew and Urban Outfitters will keep your neck warm and happy.
  6. Turban headbands. This trend was huge last year, and it has continued into this year. Turban headbands are a great alternative to hats or beanies. It adds a boho-chic sophistication to any outfit. Even a plain black headband like this one on Shopbop.com is simple yet stylish.

Ask for these items for the holiday season or scoop them up yourself to stay cozy during finals.