This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Thin & Straight

If you have thin straight hair you need products that will give you some volume. You don’t want to use anything heavy or greasy because it will weigh your hair down more. Look for products will give you some texture and lift.

Nexxus Hydra-Light Root Lifting Mist

Pantene Pro-V Flat to Volume Shampoo & Conditioner

Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Soufflé

Kinky Curls

If your hair is in crazy tight curls, it will look best moisturized. Deep conditioning restores shiny and smooth curls. Creamy products work best.  

Garnier Fructis Marvelous Oil Frizz Defy

OGX Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream

Blow Blow Out Hair Spray

Wavy

If your hair is wavy you need products that will fight frizz and leave your hair feeling soft. Avoid gels because they will make your hair feel crunchy and creams because they are too heavy. Sprays work best for your hair type.

Suave Professionals Natural Infusion Light Oil Spray

Sally Hershberger Supreme Head Conditioner for Wavy Hair

Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

Curly

If your hair is curly, products that tame fizziness and hydrate your curls are your best friends.  Frizz will be less prominent if your curls are moisturized. This will also keep it shiny and full of light.

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Silkening Detangler

Pantene Pro-V Deep Moisturizing Treatment for Curly Hair

TRESemmé Expert Selection Make Waves Shine Enhancing Cream

Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.