Beard Blog: Samuel Paciencia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

No Shave November is unfortunately coming to a close, which means that many of the newly bearded will pull out the razors and resort back to their clean shaven look. Alas, never fear my facial hair fetishizers, there are still men out their who boldly beard year round. A lot can be said about a guy with a beard and you can even make the case of guys with facial hair being better boyfriends. Just think about it, it takes a lot of time and patience to grow a full beard. Nobody came out of the womb with a full beard and even Haggrid probably went through an awkward patchy phase. And if a guy has enough patience to grow a beard, he most likely has the patience to listen to how your roommate wakes up at an ungodly hour or how amazing Jane the Virgin is this season. Let’s not forget that winter has just barely begun and it’s going to be getting pretty chilly in our dorm rooms, so a little facial fur will be pretty ideal for marathon Netflix cuddle sessions. Luckily, we at Hofstra University don’t have to look far for a bearded beauty to keep us company through cuffing season as their a quite a few lads that have believe bearded is better. In fact, why not hear what engineering major, Samuel Paciencia of Brazil, has to say about his own beard journey.

HC: When did you decide to grow a beard

SP: It was in January of this year.

HC: Do you have a beard maintenance routine?

SP: Kinda. Sometimes I wash it, like my hair with conditioner and shampoo. I always comb it.

HC: Do you have a celebrity beard crush?

SP: I don’t know, sometimes. All celebrities decide to grow beards, people say that they like [beards], and [beards] they get popular. But there’s not a particular one.

HC: Do you think that your beard makes you a chick magnet?

SP: It depends. Fifty percent like it and the other fifty percent don’t like it. 

Studying Abroad in Firenze, Italy. Current Vice President and Blog Mentor of Her Campus Hofstra. Contributing Writer and Intern at Inked Magazine. A writer of all things body modification, beards, veganism, and feminism related.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.