Artist: Kiarra Williams ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Kiarra Williams

Year: 2019

Major: Fine Arts

Emily Barnes: What area of fine arts do you specialize in?

Kiarra Williams: Ceramics, which is like hand pottery.

EB: How long have you been doing ceramics and what do you like about it?

KW: I’ve been doing ceramics for three years now. I enjoy it so much because it’s relaxing for me and a huge stress reliever. I’m also a hands-on person so I enjoy creating things with my hands.  

EB: What has been your favorite piece that you’ve made so far?

KW: I love this piece (the hand), because I worked really hard on it and I’m so impressed by the way it came out. I didn’t think I could make it look so realistic.

EB: After college what do you see yourself doing in relation to working with ceramics?

KW: Being an art therapist; helping children and teens overcome and release their issues through ceramics.

Sophomore. Journalism major with a minor in Global Studies. I like Lifetime movies, eclectic music and those little meatballs from IKEA.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.