This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

MAJOR: DRAMA AND PUBLIC RELATIONS

WHAT ARE YOU INVOLVED IN AT HOFSTRA?

“I am involved in an acapella group, the Hof Beats. I am a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon and I am a Senator of Student Government Association.”

WHAT IS IT LIKE BEING A SENATOR FOR THE STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION?

“I love it. Knowing that I can make a difference in what small time we have at Hofstra is what makes it worth it. I love meeting new people and trying to fix what is already awesome.”

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SHOW THAT YOU HAVE DONE?

“My favorite show that I ever did was during my junior year of high school. We did Anything Goes, and I was the lead and also the choreographer, so I got to make up my own dance moves and I added a two minute tap solo just for me, and it was great.”

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHERE YOU ARE FROM AND NEW YORK?

“The weather—I could not handle how cold it was here. Down in Texas we have hot or hotter; we don’t have any seasons, so as soon as it started raining or snowing it was insane. I have gotten used to it now.”

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT LIVING IN NEW YORK?

“I love being so close to the city. I love all of the opportunities to see performances. I feel like learning more by watching people perform helps you as a performer. It’s really awesome to know that I can take a quick thirty minute train ride and see Broadway.”

WHAT IS THE MOST EMBARASSING THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU ON STAGE?

“Anything Goes, junior year, my best friend was playing my love interest, and he and I had this song. When we go into the song, what supposed to happen is he dips me to a kiss and the captain of the ship comes on and he’s supposed to throw me back up and we are supposed to go on with the scene. I had this really tight, long red dress on, and we go in for the kiss and hear the captain’s voice, and the guy that plays my love interest throws me, but my foot got caught on my dress. He threw me onto the ground and I slid and hit the wall of the back stage and fell on my face. It hurt so bad.”

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT BEING A HOFSTRA STUDENT?

“I really like how diverse the campus is. Coming from such a small town where everyone is so cookie-cutter the same, it’s nice to know  that I can talk to someone who comes from a completely different background about our beliefs, feelings, and things.”

Hey Her Campus! I am Peighton Crawford and I am currently a student at Hofstra University! I am originally from Aurora, Colorado, and I am super excited about living in New York. I am interested in anything from fashion to sports. Twitter: @_peighton_ Instagram: peightoncrawford Blog: peightoncrawford.wordpress.com
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!