8 Things Every Girl Experiences at Forever 21

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Forever 21 has everything. Need a plain white t-shirt? They’ll have it. Need a pair of leather leggings with embroidered tigers going up both legs? You can probably find that too. Forever 21 is a great store because it suits almost everyone’s needs at an extremely affordable price. However, we all have those times where we’ve walked into Forever 21 and had one of those “WTF is this?” moments. These are just a couple experiences I’ve encountered during one of my many trips to Forever 21. 

The Classic Forever 21 Meme 

When you see a plain white t-shirt that looks cute until you pull it off the rack and it says “Let’s Taco ‘Bout It” across the back. We’ve all been there.

You start to think about stealing. 

When you venture over to the jewelry section and you see that some earrings have very clearly been stolen and you think, for, like two seconds, that maybe you can take one and nobody would notice. But then your conscience kicks in and you don’t actually steal it. Hopefully.

You debate buying things in the wrong size.

When you see that really cute sweater that you’ve been eyeing up online for weeks and you finally see it in store, but then you realize they literally have every size BUT yours.

You wonder why they don’t have more registers open.

When they have six registers but there’s only two open and there are approximately 64 people waiting in line ahead of you. You really just can’t fathom why they don’t have more registers open.

You walk out with the whole freaking store in your bag.

When all you wanted, initially, was a cute dress for Friday night, but you end up walking out with two dresses, a sweater, three necklaces, dinosaur earrings, some ambiguous Asian candy, a hairbrush, and chapstick shaped like an owl. 

You’re reminded of how painfully sh*tty the quality can be.

When you go home and put on your newest item of clothing and something rips or breaks the second you put it on. You definitely get what you pay.

You step right over the clothes that are all over the floor.

Is it just me or do the clothes on the floor really add to the aesthetic?

You swear to God that you’re never going to go back in there EVER AGAIN.

Forever 21 has good days and bad days, just like people do. Catching it on a good day is like winning the lottery, and hitting it on a bad day makes you question why you even walked inside in the first place. Even though you can never find ANYTHING in there, we all know you’ll go back. 

Madeline is a journalism major at Hofstra University, and is a writer for HC Hofstra. If you're looking for her, you can probably find her at an Anthropologie, the beach, or eating peanut butter out of the jar.