7 Restaurants to Check Out Near Hofstra University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

On-campus dining gets pretty old after your millionth salad from Bits ‘n’ Bytes. I’m channeling my inner Stefon here, and recommending that you do yourself a favor and check out these places not too far from Hofstra.

1. Margarita’s Café

1868 Front Street, East Meadow

$2.95 margarita Tuesdays… need I say more? I don’t think I need to, but I will. This place is a true gem, and it’s conveniently located just down Front Street in East Meadow. If it’s your birthday, a mariachi band will serenade you with “La Bamba” before the manager pours tequila down your throat (so long as you’re of age, of course). All the while you are rocking an awesome sombrero. And they give you birthday flan! 

2. La Bottega

376 Merrick Avenue, East Meadow

Another Front Street find in East Meadow. This place just opened up and is known for their fabulous panini selection. If none of the 60 sandwiches already on their menu appeal to you, they will pretty much make you one to order. Plus, they just started serving gluten free pizza. Great to dine in or take out!

3.  Café Baci

1636 Old Country Road, Westbury

Perfect for date night. Café Baci is consistently ranked as one of the best eateries one Long Island. Their tortellini amore is amazing, but get there early because parking is limited and goes quick!

4. Witches Brew

311 Hempstead Turnpike, West Hempstead

Already known to many Hofstra students, vegan coffeehouse Witches Brew is the perfect place to have a mellow night out with your girls! The brownie a la mode can easily feed all of you.

5. Seasons 52

630 Old Country Road L102, Garden City

Seasons 52’s wine menu was hand selected by a master sommelier – seems as good a reason as any to have a wine night out of you dorm for a change. The food is also delicious.

6. Vincent’s Clam Bar

179 Old Country Rd, Carle Place

Vincent’s Clam Bar’s website puts it best, “It’s like dining in the home of a BIG Italian family where the food is authentic and the atmosphere is brimming with energy and fun.” My mouth is watering at the thought of their calamari parmigiana.

7. Noodles and Company

996 Old Country Rd, Garden City

They’ve got oodles of noodles here. Pasta, pad Thai, Japanese pan noodles, mac & cheese, curry, egg noodles, the list goes on and on. And then on some more. They’ve got other stuff too, but that’s not why you’re going there. The noodles are where it’s at.

Brianna is a proud Long Islander finishing her graduate journalism degree here at Hofstra. The East Meadow native wears many hats on campus, including Assistant News Director at WRHU, Grad Assistant at the Center for Civic Engagement and of course Treasurer here at Her Campus Hofstra! Brianna is currently interning at Fox News. But until she can go set the journalism world on fire, she’ll just have to settle for planning adventures abroad, binge watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix and commiserating about her beloved New York Jets. Follow her on Twitter at @BriannaBorresen!
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!