samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Thoughts You Have With Only a Month Left of School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

With only a month left of school, it is understandable that you are beginning to face a ton of mixed emotions. You have been spending the past seven months meeting new people, studying and making memories that you know you will cherish for years to come. Yet, summer is so close, you can almost taste it. Here are six thoughts that everyone has at least one point with only a month left of school, so how many have ~you~ had so far?

Stressing Out About Finals & Grades

You told yourself that you would stay on top of your assignments so that you would not stress out as much by the time the semester/quarter came to an end, but of course, here you are…stressing out. While being overwhelmed over the mass amount of projects and essays placed on you as teachers cram everything in before finals, the most important thing is to relax. Take one thing at a time that way you will not stress yourself out too much. Although your studies are important, you don’t want to go insane in the final four weeks. Everything will turn out okay (I promise).

Realizing You Will Not See Your Friends Everyday

This one will be particulary hard if the friends you have made these past couple of months come from all over. Also, if you have senior friends who are graduating soon, the thought of not seeing them on campus in the fall seems like pure agony. Instead of thinking how sad you will be when you are all apart, embrace the time that you have left together because those memories will carry you through the summer. Plus, we luckily live in a time where FaceTime and House Party are super helpful in staying in touch with your college friends. It will be as if you are never apart! 

Happiness Because of the Warm Weather

One of the best things about the last month of school would have to be that the weather is finally nice! You can break out the shorts and cute dresses, plus doesn’t the saying, “look good, feel good” still apply in this situation? So, eventhough you may be thinking about a million other things, at least you can enjoy the sunny weather and opportunity to no longer wear a bajillion layers. And of course, sunny weather means you can get a head start on that summer tan.

Excitement Over the Fact That It Will Be SUMMER

Summer, aka the best time of the year, means no school and a ton of fun in the sun and you are only a short four weeks away. It’s as if you can smell the sunscreen and salty water already. Just think, no matter how bad it is right now, you will feel amazing once everything is over and you’ll finally have the opportunity to kick back and relax and enjoy yourself.

Remembering You Should Get an Internship or Job Over the Summer

Although summer is the time to have fun and everything, the thought of trying to be a responsible adult of course sits in the back of your mind. Do I do a paid internship or one for school credit? Will my boss from my last summer job hire me this summer? With all of these thoughts running through your mind, you can’t help but want to scream or cry (or both) But, if you are someone who likes to get ahead and wants to make some moolah this summer, don’t stress. Start applying as soon as you can because now is the time that companies begin to hire for summer. Show off how amazing you are and in no time, you will be all set with work for the summer, GO YOU!

Wondering How You Will Make This Summer Better Than the Last

With the next three or four months in your hands, the possibilities are endless as to what the summer will hold. Keep in mind that no matter what you end up deciding to do, the memories you make will all be great. So take this last month to enjoy yourself and keep in mind of all the excitement that will come in the summer, but school comes first of course. Only a month left to go – you got this! 

Originally from Southern California and now living on Long Island! I am a self-declared sushi addict who enjoys good music and good people x (p.s. if anyone knows how to survive an east coast winter, please let me know!!)