burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

6 Stores to Get Summer Styles Without Breaking the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Summer is one of the best times of the year to express your style. It’s warm, the sun is shining, school’s out— what better time to amp up your wardrobe? But if you’re on a budget, it can seem almost impossible to get to where you want to be, especially when cropped shirts retail in some stores for $30. So where should you go if you want to stay on top of a style without burning a hole in your wallet?

Forever 21

Forever 21 has one of the best selections for summer styles (especially this summer with all of the floral patterns!). Among these are pants, and there are always great 2-for-1 deals on shirts and shorts. Even swimwear is dialed back to two pieces for $16! If you’re not satisfied with the new styles, you can surely find plenty of styles in clearance and even more markdowns online. What’s not to love?

Charlotte Russe

Charlotte Russe is known for their fancier, classy styles fit for a party. Along with these clothes that are relatively inexpensive, they also frequently have great deals on shoes. Whether you need an outfit for formal or just a night out with the girls, this store has got you covered. Some pieces may come across a little cliche, but you are guaranteed to find a lot of classy clothes and shoes here to really up your style game.

Five Below

You wouldn’t expect it, but there are a lot of deals at Five Below, including in the fashion world! Everything in the store ranges from $1-5 to give you a sense of consistency, and there are tons of cute graphic tees at any given point of the year to take advantage of. Along with this, they also sell shoes, some interesting pants and makeup too— who says cheap can’t be worth it?

Plato’s Closet

If you’re looking for some great pieces, Plato’s Closet is a great place to get them. Everything is secondhand, but really good quality. You might have to do some digging to find the best pieces, but most are under $20. Skirts for $8 and shirts for $6? Nothing to complain about.

UNIQLO

One of the best places to get some nice basics is UNIQLO. A Japanese company, you can find a great deal of pieces that are perfect of layering. Even summer nights can get chilly, so it is important to have something cute to cover up with. Keep it simple— buy some basic pieces from UNIQLO as a basis for your summer wardrobe.

Target

Everyone loves Target— thank goodness it’s also a great place to shop! They have a great selection of shoes and bathing suits, perfect for the summer. They also have a great selection of summer dresses, and who doesn’t love those? Target is a go-to for everything, and summer clothes are definitely a stop on your way to your summer wardrobe success!

H&M

H&M has it’s perks when you look hard enough— you can find a lot of summer styles for very cheap here. You can find shoes on sale for $5 and this is definitely a go-to for accessories. If you look hard enough, you’re sure to find something cute, and not too expensive.

Summer is a great time for your style to bloom. While clothes can be very expensive, cute ones don’t always have to be. It’s easy to be overwhelmed when looking from summer styles, but no need! Go to these stores and you’re sure to find something great.

Images courtesy of Melanie Haid

Melanie is a senior journalism major at Hofstra University and an avid fashion and thrift-y gal. She also loves dogs and finds paint-by-numbers to be extremely calming. Always overdressed and has definitely had at least one cup of coffee. She is not only extremely sarcastic, but will be your own personal hypewoman if you'll let her.