5 Ways to Make Money Without Having a Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

1.     Selling old clothes to consignment shops

If you are a frequent shopper, like me, then a consignment shop is the best way for you to get rid of your old clothes and make some quick cash. There are plenty of consignment shops that will fit any fashion trend. One of the most frequented consignment shops by college students is Buffalo Exchange, which has locations throughout the country.

2.     Become a freelance writer.

If you like to write, then why not get paid for it! There are websites that take pitches daily about any topic. For a small price, Avant Guild members on mediabistro.com get access to all of the major publications that are taking freelance writers along with the price they are offering.

3.     Sell your DIY products

If you love to make crafts often and find yourself with unnecessary piles of things that you have made, then you might as well get rid of the clutter and sell some of the things that you have made. If you haven’t heard of etsy.com, then you must have been living under a rock for the past year. Etsy.com is a place where you can buy and sell things that you have made for profit!

4.     Donate plasma

This way to make money isn’t for the people who have fear of needles, but donating plasma is always an option. It is also a great way to give to those in need of blood, some may even call it “the gift of life.”

5.     Upload stock photos

If you have a passion for photography, why not make money out of that hobby? You can do headshots for friends for a small charge or take engagement photos for couples. If that isn’t your style, then whatever photos you take you can upload to a stockpile photo website and get paid every time a company wants to use your photos for brochures or on their website.

Hey Her Campus! I am Peighton Crawford and I am currently a student at Hofstra University! I am originally from Aurora, Colorado, and I am super excited about living in New York. I am interested in anything from fashion to sports. Twitter: @_peighton_ Instagram: peightoncrawford Blog: peightoncrawford.wordpress.com
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!