This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Spring is finally here, meaning no more overcast skies and big heavy coats. The sun is shining and the weather is warming up, so with that in mind, let’s take a look at a spring and summer accessory essential, sunglasses. Below are five types of sunglasses to invest in this year.

Tiny Sunglasses

Another 90s trend that is coming back into style is small lenses. They make both the perfect statement piece and are a great way to step out of your fashion comfort-zone, as they take your outfit to a whole new level.

From: FreePeople.com

Cost: $25

Mirrored Cat-Eye

Go bold with these trendy sunglasses, as they come in a variety of colors and styles that are sure to make your outfit stand out. If you have fair skin, then aim for a more darker color that doesn’t blend in with your hair or skin. For darker complexions, go for the opposite and try lighter colors, especially white or silver if you’re looking to really make a statement.

From: Amazon.com

Cost: $12.99

Retro Cat-Eye

If you’re looking to go outside of the 90s trend, then try these sunglasses for a more retro, vintage-inspired look. Though another cat-eye look, these differ from the first as they are narrower, have thicker frames and usually do not have mirrored lenses. If you want to go bolder, then get these cute sunglasses in either white or red.

From: UrbanOutfitters.com 

Cost: $18

Round Aviators

Aviators always seem to be in style, but instead of opting for the classic Aviator style, mix it up and try rounded Aviators. This style works best with square face shapes as the curves will accentuate your jawline while bringing more attention to your eyes.

From: Amazon.com

Cost: $13.90

Embellished Sunglasses

Another fun style you can try are embellished sunglasses. Whether they have small studs like these sunglasses from Free People, or you go for a more daring design like large flowers, you are sure to make a statement.

From: FreePeople.com

Cost: $25

With a variety of new styles to try out, you’re sure to turn heads this spring.

Rylee Johnston is senior at Hofstra University studying  journalism. She has a passion for traveling and entertainment, and even spent four months abroad in London. When she isn't blogging about her travels, you can find her watching The Bachelor or planning her next adventure. Follow her on Instagram @ryleejuanita.