This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

As a collegiette, dressing for class is a constant balance of looking fashionable while still dressing appropriately for the weather. But unfortunately, we’ve all found ourselves stuck on campus in a flash rain storm, wearing shoes that were not meant for dodging puddles. Or, on days when we know bad weather is coming, we find ourselves stuck in front of our closets struggling to find an outfit to go with clunky rain boots. While you can’t prevent the imminent storms that are sure to roll over campus, you can prevent a rainy day wardrobe malfunction.

Here are five water-proof shoes that are worth your investment to keep your feet dry and stylish on a rainy day:

Bean Boots

These L.L. Bean boots are all the rage during the winter season, but they don’t have to be saved just for when it snows. They’re also a cute alternative to a typical rain boot. Find a pair here, but be sure to shop out of season as these popular boots are often sold out or placed on back order once fall rolls around.

Ankle-high rain booties

The ankle-high rain boot offers a modern twist on the classic rain boot shape, and it gives you a stylish alternative to waterproofing your feet. Find a pair, like Doc Martens or these Jeffrey Campbell boots, from NastyGal.com or at Urban Outfitters.

Rubber Converse

If boots aren’t your style, check out Converse’s line of rubber sneakers that are waterproof and lined in wool, but still have the classic Chucks silhouette that sneaker-lover’s prefer.

Knee-high rain boots

Sometimes, throwing on a classic pair of knee high rain boots is the best way to cope with rainy day blues. Find your favorite pair from Hunter, Kohl’s, or Nordstrom

Statement rain boots

Invest in a fun pair of rain boots to brighten up any dreary day. Find a variety of bright and glossy hues from Hunter, or shop an array of fun prints from Target or Chooka

If all else fails, invest in a water-proofing spray (you can find it at Target, Walmart, or Amazon) so you can still wear your favorite shoes without ruining them in the puddles that are sure to be found all over campus. 

Sarah Hanlon is a senior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a major in journalism. She almost always has an iced coffee in her hand, and she's an avid lover of online shopping, reality TV, and New York City. When she’s not researching all things Kate Middleton or reading lifestyle blogs, you can find her binge watching The Bachelor or writing about the latest pop culture, fashion and beauty trends. After college, she hopes to make a career out of her love for TV and style in New York. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram: sarahhanlon_.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.