This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

If you’re a girly girl and love holiday dresses, find a festive dress. Wear one with gold or silver sparkles, velvet, or cool cutouts. Strapless or thin spaghetti straps are the perfect sexy cut for new years.

If you like the idea of being covered but like pants or shorts, wear a jumpsuit. Rompers, full length and short are super cute. Solid black jumpsuits are super flattering and perfect for a party. You’ll be in full comfort way past midnight.

Two-piece skirt and top sets are all over the stores this season. They are super cute and comfy. They come in long skirts, short skirts, short-sleeve and long-sleeve tops. Get a sparkly one to be festive like this one from Express. The all-black is especially flattering.

The last option is pants and a top. Leather leggings are still popular and would be cute with any top. A long shirt with tights also works. Go with fishnets or opaque tights. Sparkly tank-tops, crop-tops, and tight long sleeves go perfect with either of these bottom options.

I am an aspiring journalist studying at Hofstra University. My interests include, fashion, techno, and travel. Dirty chai is my favorite. I'm obsessed with red wine. And vegan ice cream is where it's at. xx
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!