4 Fitness Girls to Follow on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

If you’re looking for some fitspiration, Instagram is a great place to start! With endless workouts, healthy recipes, and realistic tips, the fitness community on Instagram has greatly expanded my knowledge and love of working out and even inspired me to create my own fitness account. Below is a list of some of my favorite accounts worthy of checking out!

1. @gracefituk

Grace is the booty queen, PERIOD. She even has her own eight week workout guide with a ton of recipes to help you meet your goals, which will likely include glutes just like hers after you check out her account! What I love about Grace is that she’s real. She didn’t start out stick thin or with an intensive knowledge of lifting; she learned along the way and let us follow her journey.

Best of all, she’s a college student too! She is constantly promoting a balance of healthy eating, drinking with your friends, satisfying your sweet tooth, and learning the difference between giving your body a rest when it needs it versus pushing through the tough days to still make it to the gym. Whether on Instagram or YouTube, Grace has become my go-to for anything fitness related. In short, she’s #goals.

2. @whitneyysimmons

If you’re ever feeling down, Whitney will always remind you that “it’s a beautiful day to be alive!” It’s hard not to smile at the energy she radiates in everything she posts. If this girl can’t pump you to work out, I almost don’t know what will.

Whitney’s page is loaded with weight-lifting based workout videos that can easily be modified or intensified to fit your own workout plan. Whenever I am unsure of what I want to do at the gym, I just pull up her page, and the options are unlimited! Especially for those of you who are just getting into weight-lifting, Whitney’s page is a great place to start to guide you along.

3. @sjamesfit

Just like Grace, Sam is a reminder that maintaining a healthy lifestyle at college IS possible! Her posts range from workout videos and vegan meals to selfies with her adorable pitbull, Bruce. She has killer style and is always keeping it real. While her page is mostly fitness-based, she goes on to talk about makeup, skin-care, fashion, animal rights, and her battle with anxiety. All of the girls mentioned in this article have inspired me tremendously, but Sam definitely sticks out as being the most relatable for us collegiates trying to stay fit while balancing a million other things.

4. @nikkiblackketter

Even without too much exposure to the fitness community of Instagram, all it takes is one quick peek to see that Nikki Blackketter is at the top of the game. As a fitness model, personal trainer, and bikini competitor, Nikki is the queen of getting shredded. Her social media, which started with physique updates to track her own progress, quickly blew up, and she has been inspiring women to transform their lives and bodies ever since. She is notably known as the first female athlete to represent the athleisure brand, Gymshark, and she recently released her own line of clothing within the brand. Even if you don’t know anyone else in the fitness community, you should know Nikki!

Jersey girl. Senior Accounting major at Hofstra University. Treasurer for Hofstra's Her Campus chapter. Raven loves entertainment, fashion, and fitness, and has a true passion for journalism. Be sure to check out her favorite form of social media, Pinterest: /ravenjtak