This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

New York: the home of adventure, love, shopping, pizza, and of course, our caffeine addiction. What is NYC without a lil coffee on the side? Unfortunately, there’s so many scattered throughout the city- who knows which is the best to go to for a fun day in the city? Well look no further: here are 13 NYC coffee shops you NEED to go to. 

Bibble and Sip

With an atmosphere right from a modern fairytale, Bibble and Sip is anything but ordinary. While the homey vibe will peak your interest, you’ll fall for their to-die-for menu.

• Location: 253 W 51st St, New York, NY 10019
  • Try Out: Lavender Latte, Matcha Cream Puffs and Cookies

Café con Libros

Calling all feminists, we found our haven. Café con Libros mixes feminist literature and delicious drinks to make a place we’ve all been waiting for. Not only is it cozy, but it’s a huge community oriented shop with book clubs, fairs, and so on.

• Location: 724 Prospect Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11216
  • Try Out: Kenyan Tea

Record Room @ the OG Sweetleaf Beautiful pic by @ebbsnflowsphoto

A post shared by Sweetleaf Coffee Roasters (@sweetleafnyc) on

Sweetleaf

From the old souls to the wild child’s, Sweetleaf is the beanery to get good coffee and good vibes. With intriguing drinks you never thought you’d come across and a record room, we’re tempted to move in. Their record room has a turntable with an extensive vinyl collection that’ll get us thinking about adding to our collection.

• Location: 10-93 Jackson Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101
  • Try Out: Rocket Fuel, a cold brew with hints of chicory, maple syrup, and milk AND Voodoo Child, an iced coffee made with sweetened condensed milk in a Vietnamese-style. 

Come say

A post shared by Homecoming (@homecoming) on

Homecoming

For all the HGTV addicts, here’s the place for you to get your caramel cappuccinos and new art pieces for your dorm. With a minimalist style, Homecoming features everything within the home department from rugs to art to chairs, and you can browse with one of their delicious drinks.

• Location: 107 Franklin St, Brooklyn, NY 11222
  • Try Out: Golden Turmeric Latte

@koozie with a roof top coffee

A post shared by Happy Bones NYC (@happybonesnyc) on

Happy Bones

If you need your daily dose of inspiration, then look no further than Happy Bones. With high-class service, beautiful art, good reads, and prime spots for photo-ops, this café is dubbed “the best latte in NYC” and a popular local pick. Who wouldn’t want to try this building of inspiration?

• Location: 394 Broome St, New York, NY 10013
  • Try Ouy: The Lattes!

One of each please!

A post shared by Sant Ambroeus (@santambroeus) on

Sant Ambroeus

The Italian eatery and beanery are absolute goals from everything to food, décor, and Instagram-able atmosphere. With a gorgeous setting and delicious drinks, no wonder it’s a well-known celebrity hot spot.

• Location: 1000 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10021
  • Try Out: Cioccolata Calda AND Jasmine Phoenix Pearls Tea AND Cioccolato

What a beautiful day to visit #washingtonsquarepark !!

A post shared by City of Saints Coffee Roasters (@cityofsaintscoffee) on

City of Saints

For your own little artistic, caffeinated getaway from the city, City of Saints has it all. Colorful murals, street art, skylights, wall murals – you will never be bored looking through the café. Their primary goal is to “celebrate the communities they inhabit”, and with their idyllic, colorful wonderland, I think mission is accomplished.

• Location:  79 E 10th St, New York, NY 10003
  • Try Out: Anything that’s Mocha

Sweatshop

When you want to go to Australia, but only have $10 for a coffee? Sweatshop is the café for you. With this café nestled in Brooklyn, you can shop for the cutest items and enjoy some breakfast food. If you love anything Aussie, head over and eat all the Egg Biscuits you can.

• Location: 232 Metropolitan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211
  • Try Out: Piccolo and Banana Bread

Culture Espresso

A popular local love is the independently owned beanery Culture Espresso. With modern art and more food than you could think of for your breakfast, what more do you want than a posh NYC café?

• Location: 72 W 38th St, New York, NY 10018
  • Try Out: Iced Blood Orange Herbal Tea and Thick Cut Walnut Raisin Toast

Daylight Saving Time means you should get the large coffee like #augustusfloof

A post shared by BorisandHorton (@borisandhorton) on

Boris and Horton

On your morning run in the city, you get your coffee, your pastries, and a morning playtime with a puppy?! Yes, our prayers have been answered – a puppy café! With an array of delicious desserts, drinks, and a “puppy Instagram booth”- it’s easy to spend your entire day binging lattes and pups. Plus, they have adoption events and fundraisers on the weekend. Do you plan on going?

• Location: 195 Avenue A, New York, NY 10009
  • Try Out: The Lassy and Avocado Toast

We are open!

A post shared by Caffe Reggio (@caffe_reggio) on

Caffe Reggio

For the vintage-loving, night owls stuck in the ’20s, Caffe Reggio is the classic European café for NYC. With original espresso machines with a rustic, Euro aesthetic topped with Renaissance artwork, this is easily the coolest place to get your morning cappuccino.

• Location: 119 Macdougal St, New York, NY 10012
  • Try Out: Italian Espresso and Vinnese Coffee

The Uncommons

An uncommon mix with beaneries is games and coffee, but it sounds like the best idea ever. Dubbed “Manhattan’s First Board Game Café,” everyone can find something to enjoy with yor chai lattes like board games, card games, memorabilia and so on. Bonus: There’s pizza too!

• Location: 230 Thompson St, New York, NY 10012
  • Try Out: Chai Latte, Pumpkin Pie Latte

Roots Café

Less is more and simple can be the best: that’s the case with Roots Café. Need a safe haven away from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan? Here you go!  There’s a lovely outdoor patio with regular poetry nights and a warm cup of coffee.

• Location: 639 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 1121

• Try Out: Maple Butter Latte

Is anyone else craving a cream puff and cappuccino? Well if you are, you now have 13 places to hit to feed your caffeine addiction.

Cover photo by Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash

Contrary to popular belief, Delilah Gray is not a fan of the song “Hey There Delilah.” Delilah Gray is the Founder of the Gray Times, a blog dedicated to career advice, plant parenthood, and sharing life lessons. She fell in love with writing when she lived in New York. She started because she wanted to help people, and she felt she could do that best by writing about what was happening in the world.  She has worked with Her Campus, Tokyo Journal, Carnegie Mellon International Film Fest, Platform Women, Queen V, and Long Island Weekly. She enjoys painting trippy portraits, watching dark cartoons, hiking, and spending all of her disposable income on her plants.