bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

12 Things Only People Obsessed with their FitBit Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The fitness tracker fad has everyone purchasing FitBits with the hopes of realizing how many (or how few) steps they take each day. While it seems like a simple, motivating stride to staying in shape, it is nearly impossible to purchase one without becoming addicted (I know because I have been a victim of this craze for over three years now.) If you have a FitBit, you know exactly what I’m talking about, and if you’re thinking of joining the trend, here’s what to expect:

Saying yes to going anywhere if it means you’ll get more steps

Adding people to your friends list for “fun” with the ulterior motive to crush them in steps

Compulsively syncing your FitBit after every minor physical activity

You now look to everybody’s wrists to see if they also have a FitBit

Reaching your step goal is the most satisfying part of the day

Until you realize you still need to hit your miles and calories burned goal

Your idea of fun now includes going on mindless walks leading to nowhere

That moment when you realize your FitBit was dead all day

Any type of movement seems to go to waste while your FitBit is charging

If you didn’t hit your step goal by the end of the day, running circles around your room becomes totally reasonable

You’re constanty trying to convince people to get on board so they can become addicted too

When it comes down to it, your FitBit really is your best source of motivation

Jersey girl. Senior Accounting major at Hofstra University. Treasurer for Hofstra's Her Campus chapter. Raven loves entertainment, fashion, and fitness, and has a true passion for journalism. Be sure to check out her favorite form of social media, Pinterest: /ravenjtak