Tatiana Kresefsky: Student Leader Finds Inspiration at High Point

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at High Point chapter.

Name: Tatiana Kresefsky (Nickname: Tati)

Hometown: Robbinsville, NJ

Major: Psychology

Year: Senior

Favorite Quote: Hakuna Matata – The Lion King

Fun Fact: I have 8 tattoos.

HC High Point: What drew you to become a student leader at High Point?

Tati Kresefsky: High Point University is the type of environment that makes students want to jump in and help. I’m so proud of my campus and I can’t think of a better way to show that than to be involved.

HC High Point: What organizations are you a member of on and off campus?

Tati Kresefsky: I have two on campus jobs: a Barista at Starbucks and a Psychology Tutor. I am also the Treasurer of PRIDE, the Treasurer and SGA representative of Psi Chi  (National Honors Society for Psychology), and the Event Coordinator for Peer Mentor.

HC High Point: What drew you to these leadership opportunities?

Tati Kresefsky: I was drawn to these organizations because they represent things I am passionate about. I love helping others and supporting worthy causes. Being able to mentor my peers and teach them what I have learned during my time at HPU has been a great experience.

HC High Point: How do you wish to make a difference on campus using these opportunities?

Tati Kresefsky: I hope these organizations remain on this campus for a long time. I hope to open the eyes of fellow students to see the challenges that some may face, and ideally I want to show people that it is important to stand together as a community.

HC High Point: What are your future goals and aspirations?

Tati Kresefsky: In the future, I want to complete a graduate program in Clinical Psychology. I really want to work in a hospital and counsel people with severe mental disorders. These issues can be life consuming and I want to be able to provide some stress relief for these patients.

HC High Point: Who do you look to for inspiration/what figures do you find to have admirable qualities?

Tati Kresefsky:  As cliché as this may be, I am inspired by my mom. She has been working hard since she turned 18 and has shown me that anyone can do what they set their mind to. Even through the toughest times, she never gives up and never loses her positive energy. She is the best role model and mother I could have.

Grace Beal

High Point

Grace Elizabeth Beal is a Senior at High Point University in High Point, North Carolina. She is a founding sister of the Kappa Omicron chapter of Alpha Chi Omega, and works with the Ritual and Fraternity Board. She is also a member of Lambda Pi Eta, is an International Ambassador, a Peer Mentor, a Student Justice, and works as a Program Assistant for The Women's and Gender Studies Program. Grace also spends her time writing for the Campus Chronicle and hosts her own show on HPU's radio station HPUR The Sound. Grace will graduate in May 2015 with a degree in Communications Journalism, and with a Political Science and Women's and Gender Studies minor.