A Graduate, Yet Still A Campus Star

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at High Point chapter.

Name: Ben May 

Major at HPU: Math & Physics Major, Minor in Computer Science 

Hometown: Asheville, North Carolina 

What do you miss about HPU most? What was your major?

What I miss most about HPU is not being surronded by people constantly. My friends specifically. After college its not like we can all meet for lunch, its harder to get together. A lot of my friends ended up going home so it makes it difficult but I have a ton of places to go when I visit them which is really cool! It’s also easy to talk to everyone via technology, which is a great luxury. 

What are you up to now?

I am currently working at Bellomi Inc. in Winston Salem, it’s a market research company. When I first got the job it was on utilities which I knew nothing about, but I have learned a lot. I’m also working part time as HPU club swim teams coach. It’s great I go to work and then three days a week I get to hang with familiar faces. Now I’m staff which is different, but a good different. 

Did HPU help you land your job? 

Career Services did help me with landing this job. I would not have known about the job without Eric Melniczek. Eric found the job posting, and connected me with a HPU graduate who was working at the company. Which ultimately helped me land the job.

While on Campus what activities were you apart of?

While on campus I was an Assitant RA, the Captain Ambassador, and President of the Macs club. I was also Captain of the HPU club swim team. Which was very close to my heart, I was very passionate when I was captain for three years and  made my HPU experience. 

Why do you still volunteer for HPU club swim?

As a coach I know how to facilitate, due to my years as a captain. My goal is to create a good experience for the new Freshman, and people on the team as well. My main goal is to create the experience I had on the team. 

Sophomore Journalism major trying to make her way through college.
Mollie McKinley is currently a rising junior at High Point University in High Point, North Carolina, where she studies English Literature with a double minor in communications and women and gender studies. Mollie is a proud sister of Alpha Gamma Delta, a High Point University swimmer, and serves as a campus correspondent for High Point's chapter of Her Campus. She works as a Writing Tutor for HPU's Writing Center, and has a love for dogs, creative writing, poetry, netflix and music. Mollie's biggest aspiration is to work as a humor writer for Buzzfeed, or for any online media, really. Mollie is a strong supporter of gender equality and loving yourself, although it can be hard a majority of the time. Mollie is originially from West Virginia with an endless passion for the outdoors, and really awesome hikes.