This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at High Point chapter.

Autumn, Autumn, where for art thou, Autumn? It happens to be taking over our campus as we speak. Don’t let the warm weather fool you; the fall spirit is imminent and we must prepare ourselves.

Throw out those Ugg boots you’ve had since middle school and for the love of Starbucks, throw away that lukewarm PSL in a handy recycling bin (because recycling is important). I have something even better. For those rainy days, I have found my rain boots to be comfortable, weather-resistant, and cozy. A pair of rain boots can open up a new, puddle-jumping part of you that you’ve always wanted to exist! Since the weather in High Point hasn’t been the best lately, what a better time to invest! While you’re at it, invest in a pair of fleece-lined leggings for those exceptionally chilly fall days—you’ll be surprised how warm they keep you.

Incoming, unpopular opinion alert! To those who don’t like coffee: why are you drinking coffee or a pumpkin spice latte for that matter? I understand those who actually like their nice cup of Joe… it gets you moving, helps you drudge through your 7:50, but what I don’t understand is the student who wastes a magic meal on a PSL, sips it twice, and then throws it out. Coffee does not equal cool. I personally hate coffee, so here’s my tip for you: tea! Nothing is better on a cold, fall day than an apple spiced green tea or a cinnamon-and-honey hybrid inside your Earl Grey. Make your own concoction or let teavana.com guide your pallet through a most fall-focused menu.

The Autumnal Equinox brings many a color to the world: red leaves, bright orange pumpkins, golden hayrides and yellow corn mazes. It is definitely time to experiment with new colors in your wardrobe, which is why I am recommending Aurora Red and Burgundy or any dark color for that matter. Take off that pink polish and paint the toe-town red, step out of your black-and-white comfort zone and try on that burgundy formal dress that you’ve always loved, or pull out your inner Beyonce and rock that ruby lipstick like you’re a ‘grown woman’. Never be afraid to incorporate those dark, sexy tones into your fall wardrobe.

We are in a constantly changing atmosphere; things will be ‘in’ as fast as they will be ‘out’. Make sure to keep up on your trends, whether it is food or fashions.

Mollie McKinley is currently a rising junior at High Point University in High Point, North Carolina, where she studies English Literature with a double minor in communications and women and gender studies. Mollie is a proud sister of Alpha Gamma Delta, a High Point University swimmer, and serves as a campus correspondent for High Point's chapter of Her Campus. She works as a Writing Tutor for HPU's Writing Center, and has a love for dogs, creative writing, poetry, netflix and music. Mollie's biggest aspiration is to work as a humor writer for Buzzfeed, or for any online media, really. Mollie is a strong supporter of gender equality and loving yourself, although it can be hard a majority of the time. Mollie is originially from West Virginia with an endless passion for the outdoors, and really awesome hikes.