Thank You and Goodbye!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

The academic year is drawing to a close and it’s time for us to say thank you and goodbye. We’ll be making way for new Campus Correspondents (stay tuned!) and moving on to new adventures, so what better time to look back on our year running the Helsinki chapter of Her Campus.

It’s been the most incredible year full of old friends and new acquaintances, learning and inspiration. We are so proud to have been leading a team of such talented, intelligent student journalists and hope that you, the readers, have enjoyed the content we’ve produced as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it for you. We wanted to make HC Helsinki a platform for learning new skills and discussing important topics as well as offering a well-deserved, entertaining study break for everyone at the University of Helsinki, and we hope that we’ve succeeded. And if you’re still in need of a study break during the summer, we’ll be republishing some of our most popular content from the past months over the break!

At times managing a team of over thirty people was as stressful as it was rewarding but with the help of our entire team and each other we managed to pull through. So, thank you to our hardworking, wonderful team and thank you to our readers. We cannot stress enough how amazing being part of this team has been – if you’re interested in joining, recruitment will start again in autumn! We have no doubt in our minds that the new Campus Correspondents will take our chapter even further, not just in terms of content but also in terms of new and exciting events. The history of Her Campus here at Helsinki is pretty short, so we still have a lot we can learn and with determination and hard work the future looks bright!

The biggest thank you goes out to our team of dedicated contributors who have not been afraid to leave their comfort zones and explore new and exciting topics. This year, we have published interviews with interesting people from university staff to refugees protesting for the right to live. We have also published articles on feminism and fashion, university reform and current affairs, as well as movie reviews and recipes. This past academic year has also been full of history-making events, from our own cozy university to the big wide world. We feel very privileged to have been able to follow this year’s events from our own particular viewpoint: that of being a Finnish magazine as a part of a worldwide network of Her Campus chapters.

Above all else, for us, this has been a year full of learning. Neither of us had ever led a team so we had to start from scratch with many things. There were times when we struggled and felt clueless, but taking on this responsibility was still one of the best decisions of our lives.  Hopefully we’ve also become a bit more organized in the process!

So, without further ado, thank you and have a great summer! 

HCXO,

Aino and Mari

Passionate about social media, food and travel. Former Editor-in-Chief of HC at Helsinki.
A 28-year-old Global Politics major and former Campus Correspondent. International and national politics, current affairs, feminism, and societal and political issues fascinate me. Other than dreaming of one day travelling the whole world, I drink loads of cappuccino, eat too many cakes, and try to find the time to read more books. My guilty pleasure: American Late Night Shows.