Test Your Limits with Bouldering

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

I recently tried my hand at bouldering for the first time and discovered it to be a fun way to get into shape – fast! Even just 20 minutes of climbing the easiest paths on the walls gave me more excercise than I normally do in a week. Jogging’s got nothing on bouldering, I can tell you that!

The shoes you see in the above picture are the most uncomfortable ones I’ve probably ever worn, but I have to admit that they made it quite a lot easier to grip the wall. Unfortunately, my hands didn’t have such an advantage… You will quickly develop muscles when doing this, because it gives a great workout for your entire body. Who knows, maybe one day you can even go do it outside, which would be a whole different kind of a rush.

Bouldering might seem very difficult at first, because it requires both strength and agility – but the overwhelming sense of success when you finally do climb to the top, is something that very few things can top!

You can find your nearest bouldering center here: http://www.boulderkeskus.com/fi/

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.