Campus Cutie: Joonas Toivola

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Year: 6th

Major: Statistics

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle

Interests: Music, films, girls

What’s your favorite song at the moment?

Salsa Tequila by Anders Nilsen. The song is crazy but it’s stuck in my head.

How would other people describe you in one word?

Loyal.

If there was a movie made about your life, what genre would it be and who would play you?

It would be a drama film and I would like to see Fran Perea in the leading role. If there was a sequel, I wish it would be a romantic comedy.

Where can we find you on a Saturday night?

In my bed… Sooner or later.

What would people be surprised to know about you?

I was adopted from India when I was a little baby. Some people have probably thought that I’m an exchange student and they have been really surprised because I speak Finnish fluently. It feels so silly but I can see their point.

What are the biggest turn ons and turn offs for you?

It’s all about the attitude! Self-confidence, playfulness and intelligence are big turn ons. I don’t like selfishness, spite and lying.

What’s the one thing girls do that you can never understand?

It seems that for some reason many girls prefer bad guys who treat them like rubbish and do not care about their feelings at all. I have read it’s a worldwide phenomenon which I just can’t understand. Seriously girls, you should wake up…

What’s your favorite place in Helsinki?

Kuppala (It’s a hangout space for students of social sciences).

Best class you’ve taken at University of Helsinki so far?

”Everyday Physics” which sometimes felt more like a stand-up show. I highly recommend it!

What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?

We are all different. Always be yourself but respect other people too.

An English Philology major and a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Helsinki. In addition to Her Campus, I love good food, travelling, politics and cute dresses. My real passion is cookbooks, which I own way too many, and some day I would love to write one myself.