6 Last-Minute DIY Halloween Costumes 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Trick or treat?

Halloween is here! What better time to challenge yourself and your creativity? If you’re like me you’ve probably had fifty different ideas of what to wear this year, but postponed them until the very last day… Luckily, there are tons of costumes you can effortlessly put together in no time: 

1. Wednesday Adams

Source

“I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.” Do you have black in your wardrobe? You won’t need much more, except for a white collar/necklace. Part your hair in the middle and make two simple braids, or if you’re feeling fancy – two French or Dutch braids would modernize this look.

2. Katniss Everdeen

Source

The Hunger Games brought us one of the strongest female characters in the recent cinema history. If you have green or brownish jeans and a leather jacket, then the odds are in your favor for this one. Pair them with a black t-shirt, lace-up boots, a side braid, and you’re ready to volunteer as tribute!

3. Minion

Source

Minions… Who doesn’t love them? You can easily make their goggles out of cardboard. Then, just grab a yellow sweater or a T-shirt, your overall jeans, black gloves and a yellow beanie and blend in with Gru’s army. 

4. Rosie the Riveter 

Source

With a denim shirt, a red handkerchief and lipstick you can easily create this iconic look – Rosie the Riveter! 

5. Billy the Puppet

Source

Do you want to play a game? Once more, it all comes down to face paint – the white face, the red spirals on the cheeks and red lips are the key of this one. You can draw two lines down your chin with a black eye pencil. As far as the outfit is concerned, match your white shirt with a black blazer and you’re good to go!

6. Vampire

Source

A Halloween classic. And the good thing about classics is that they never get old. You can put it together in so many ways, and update it as you wish. Whether you’re going for Bella Swan, Elena Gilbert, or just your own version of a vampire, there’s nothing a dark outfit and good makeup can’t do.

Happy Halloween!

Helsinki Contributor