3 Music Festivals in Helsinki This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

What is summer without a music festival? A couple days of music in the sun in good company are what makes the difference between a good summer and a great summer. If you’re staying in Helsinki over this vacation period, don’t worry! There is no need to travel far away to attend a good festival. Here are three events not to miss this summer:

Sideways – June 8-10

Already a Her Campus Helsinki favorite in 2017, this year’s Sideways festival will take place in Nordenskiöldinkatu for the first time, next to Helsinki Ice Hall — meaning the festival will have an indoor and outdoor selection of stages. The music style leans more towards indie than mainstream, as headliners this year include Mø and The National. 

Flow Festival – August 10-12

Located in the old yet quirky Suvilahti power plant, Flow has been growing steadily over the years, establishing its name as one of the best music festivals in Europe, and rightly so! This year’s main headliners include Arctic Monkeys, Kendrick Lamar or Finnish sensation Alma. Flow Festival is also known for bringing a great selection of street food, so festival-goers shall not get hungry!

Weekend Festival – August 17-19

Touted as one of the best EDM festivals in Europe, this year Weekend Festival welcomes big names like David Guetta and Macklemore. Get ready to send off the summer by the gorgeous Hietaniemi beach!

Esther is majoring in Media and Communications. She likes reading, vegan food, and spending way too much time on social media.