This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

UH MĀNOA

FRESHMAN DORMS

“My roommate told me her boyfriend was coming to visit which I was fine with, but when he showed up I was shook. This guy was 35 and stayed in our small, two person freshman dorm the entire time. I was not a happy camper and felt so uncomfortable the entire time.”

ON CAMPUS APARTMENTS

“Sophomore year I had a roommate who never cleaned, but was nice…but super weird. We never really hung out, but one night i had a guy over and we were in my room, when my friend came in and told us my weird roommate had shit on the floor. I called my other roommates and they were at the bar she was at. I told them they needed to come home bring her home, where we had a talk where she denied it. Then finally, at the end, said: “maybe it was me.” This is now known as the unspoken rule of no shitting on the floor and no random roommates ever.”

FRESHMAN DORMS

“My roommate stole all of my underwear and I left the semester with 5 pairs. She used them as disposable and I figured this out after I found some of them in a trash can in the communal bathrooms.”

FRESHMAN DORMS

“Roommate puked all over her stuff and side of the room and didn’t clean it so after 3 days of avoiding our room, I did cause it started to smell in the hallway.”

Lena is a student at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. She is pursuing a Communciations degree with a focus in Digital Media, as well as dual minors in Business and English. In her free time, she loves being president of her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and snorkeling on the weekends!