ROOMMATE HORROR STORIES VOL. IV

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Beyond UHM 

SCU – CAMPUS DORMS

“So once my roommate got carried into our dorm room, which was a very secluded dorm, by like 3 men because she was so hammered and out of it . I was asleep and 4 other girls came in, they flipped the light on and woke me up. I was dead asleep because it was a Thursday, last week of school and I had a test. And she was a disaster: running around our room, not listening to her friends to go to bed or go to the bathroom to throw up. So they finally dragged her to the bathroom where she was on the toilet for an hour. With all these people still in our room talking and me in pjs, then they brought a fucking pillow in there for her to sleep. But then she got up and ran to her bed and in the process threw up on my shit because my side of room was between bathroom and her side. AND she threw up on my Dance Team posters I was bringing home to family, that I paid real money to be printed and I was pissed. The next day she didn’t apologize for any of the night before and I asked her to pay me back for posters because they were ruined and she said no because it was my fault my posters were in her way last night. She said that they weren’t ruined and that I could wipe off the throw up.”

TCU – CAMPUS DORMS

“My roommate was obsessed with my little pony. LIKE OBSESSED. I was second to get to our room and when I arrived, I was shook. There where my little pony posters covering all the walls. Her bedding was all my little pony and her pillows were also (you guessed it)  my little pony. She had minimum 30 stuffed animals of the various ponies. Her lamp and desk stuff all was my little pony. Her toothbrush and bathroom essentials where also my little pony. I could not believe what I had just walked into. When I finally met the lady behind all the My Little Pony c*ap, I could not believe this was my first day of college. She was so immature and defensive about her pony collection. When I asked if we could move some of it she screamed and threw a tantrum……I moved out the next day.”

OSU – CAMPUS DORMS

“My roommate would hide dirty clothes all over our room. For some reason she thought this was funny. Let me just tell you, finding dirty underwear in the bed was not funny, especially when they aren’t yours.”

ASU – CAMPUS DORMS

“I had two random roommates for a semester when my friends where studying abroad. I thought it would be fine, but was sadly mistaken. One of the girls stole all my clothes constantly, only for me to find out she was selling my clothes to people to make money for rent. The other girl was super quite so I thought she would be fine to live with, but I found out she was a crazy doomsday prep-er. Meaning the first time I went into her room, she had transformed the room into a apocalypse ready zone. She had weapons literally hanging on the wall, along with maps and shit everywhere. I guess if World War Z happened, I’d be happy to have her around, but to live with someone with a crossbow ready to fire by her bed is just weird and creepy.”

Until next time on ROOMMATE HORROR STORIES

Lena is a student at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. She is pursuing a Communciations degree with a focus in Digital Media, as well as dual minors in Business and English. In her free time, she loves being president of her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and snorkeling on the weekends!