Campus Cutie: Meaghan Joyce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

The basics:

Name: Meaghan Joyce

Age:  21

Hometown: Honolulu, O’ahu and Brea, CA

Major: Social Work

Current Job/Involvement on Campus (list all):

Alpha Gamma Delta, Love Your Melon. I work at Vera Bradley!

Fill in the blank: If I could have any____ it would be ___!

Celebrity Best Friend-  Matt Bellassai

Celebrity Husband/Girlfriend- Adam Driver (Mm mm mm ;D)  or JOHN CENA.

Dream Date: I absolutely love anything DISNEY. My dream date would be for my date to take me to Disneyland!  We would Disneybound as Ariel and Prince Eric, and as soon as we walk in the gate, we skip down Main Street together. (Real men will skip at Disneyland…Just saying). We would spend the whole day riding rides, looking for Hidden Mickeys, and stuffing our faces with churros and Dole Whip! In the evening, we would watch the Paint the Night parade together and sing along to the songs together… “When can I see you again.. Oh oh oh oh..” The best part of the whole night would be, when we watch the Disneyland Forever fireworks, he doesn’t make fun of me for crying tears of joy through the whole thing because of how amazing it is. This date would be absolutely MAGICAL, and “I’m wishing, I’m wishing for the one I love” to take me there one day.

Job: Social Worker specializing in Pediatric Oncology

If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be? Or would you not change anything at all?

If I could change one thing, it would be to truly enjoy high school. I spent more time studying than I did spending time with friends and making memories. I wish I would’ve had a little bit more fun in high school! And wish I would have gone to Disneyland more… once a week was not enough! 

What has been your best college experience?

I cant choose just one! One of my best experiences in college has been being a sister of Alpha Gamma Delta! I love having sisters that will be there for me no matter what, and I can be there for them through thick and thin also! Another amazing experience is joining Love Your Melon on campus! Were an organization that’s main goal is to put a hat on every child fighting cancer in America! Being a part of it has truly changed my life because I am a childhood cancer survivor, and I am able to give back to the community that helped me. I love that I am able to help pediatric oncology patients in ways I could’ve only dreamed of!

Do you see the importance in a girl squad? What is it? Why?

Yes! You always need the girls that are going to be there for you no matter what, and will force you to put pants on and go on a beach day or Girls Night Out when you’re feeling down in the dumps.

What are you most excited for in your future?

I am SO excited to start my career as a social worker! I love helping people! It is so exciting that I will be able to help people change their lives for the better as a career for the rest of my life!

Any advice to your fellow girls out there about life, love, or happiness?

Happiness is the most important thing to have in this life and this world. Find something that you LOVE and stick with it! Friends and significant others can leave your life, but the things you love to do will always be there.

Favorites:

Music: 40s/50s music…Elvis, Frank SInatra and Buddy Holly are such heart throbs :D

Season: Spring..

Time of Day: Late Night

Store: Amazon

Food/Drink: AVOCADOS. And Chipotle IS MY LIFE.

Holiday: Thanksgiving

TV Show:  Girls

Lena is a student at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. She is pursuing a Communciations degree with a focus in Digital Media, as well as dual minors in Business and English. In her free time, she loves being president of her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and snorkeling on the weekends!
Shiina LoSciuto is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa studying journalism and communications. She someday hopes to be a TV talk show host, as well as become BFFs with Taylor Swift. In her free time she is taking naps or obsessing over the show Scandal.