This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Turkey time is here and that means Black Friday is just hours, basically minutes, away! Even though finals are just around the corner, and Christmas is creeping up right behind that, we get a few days to eat, shop, relax, and frantically prepare for the end of this semester before we head home for our Winter Break. The holiday season is upon us and if you are anything like me, getting a few days off for turkey break is perfect for your procrastinating self to catch up (or shop till you drop)! Seize Black Friday to save a few bucks and shop for all of your loved ones early! Don’t head into Ala Moana all willy-nilly though, be prepared!

Planning your trip

Decide where you are parking, what stores you are hitting first and how much money you have to spend before you begin your Black Friday shopping. Remember that it is going to take an extra long time to find a parking spot and check out lines may seem never-ending. But if you take a deep breathe and bring a friend along to chat, the wait will be over in no time! If you plan to go to multiple stores, check what time they open. Also think about shopping for some of the awesome doorbuster deals that stores are offering this year. Do your research, and if you plan on going to a popular store, or a store with super banging deals, you might want to show up a few minutes (hours?) early to get the best deals. Fun fact: One guy in Texas has already been camping outside of a Best Buy since early last week: check out this tweet. I know, I know, a week is excessive, but it is also some serious shopper dedication!

Side note: No matter where you decide to shop or how long you wait in lines, please be nice to the employees! They are tired and most likely did not get to spend the holiday with their families because they were working. Give them a genuine smile and remember to say “thank you”. Be merry, be kind, and have fun.

Not sure where to start your Black Friday extravaganza? I’ve pooled together some awesome ideas of the best Black Friday ad’s and deals out there! TV’s, clothes, kitchen appliances, you name it, there is a Black Friday Sale for that!

Buy your boyfriend that Play Station 4 console he has been eyeing OR treat yourself to amazing Rose Gold urBeats when you stop by Target! Don’t skip “Bullseye’s Playground” dollar section for some cheap stocking stuffer goodies!

Your bestie deserves a fierce new outfit! Grab her this red velvet jumpsuit from American Eagle or a sexy velvet bralette from Victoria’s Secret PINK!

You love your mom, don’t you? Pick up a super fancy Dyson DC59 Stick Vacuum or Kitchen Aid goodies for her when you battle the crowds at Walmart!

Other awesome stores to Black Friday shop at are Best Buy, Ross, Old Navy, Macy’s, and Urban Outfitters! The time is now… put on your stretchy pants, fuel up on that turkey and mashed potatoes and hit the road! GO-GO-GO!

Not feeling the Black Friday madness? Yeah, me either. Catch me on my computer in my 8:30 class on Cyber Monday. Just kidding, I’m a broke college kid so hopefully Santa helps me out!

P.S. I’ve been a good girl this year!

I matter. You matter. We matter.
Hailey is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and is pursuing a double major in marketing and international business, with a minor in fashion design merchandising. She is one of our Campus Correspondents here at Hawaii Her Campus and she's an active member of Alpha Gamma Delta. Hailey loves going to the beach with friends, hiking, and taking pictures!