A Winning Collaboration: New Balance x The Head of the Charles

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Hometown athletic brand New Balance has a simple motto: “Make Excellent Happen.” Excellence is a high demand, but this company consistently lives up to its word in the form of innovative and eye-catching shirts, jackets, bottoms, and shoes fit for an active lifestyle (and an active collegiette!). Last Wednesday, The Tannery in Boston unveiled a New Balance product celebrating another local tradition of excellence: The first official shoe for the Head of the Charles Regatta.

The new 990v1 “Regatta” draws on the rich history of rowing to create a sleek, stylish shoe in honor of the race’s 50th anniversary. These shoes, printed with The Head of the Charles 50th Anniversary logo on the heel, are perfect for this weekend’s stars and their loyal fans–the spirited 990v1 can be worn on the river, on the run, or just as an athletic accent to a daily outfit to show support for one of Boston’s most famous events.

Fun details make the “Regatta” stand out among the average athletic shoe; the high-visibility yellow laces pop against the mesh and suede color palette while paying tribute to a popular color in rowing. After this weekend, owners of the “Regatta” can take the race with them thanks to the custom printing of the HOCR map on the shoe’s inside sole. New Balance has also released a Windblocker jacket, Raptor jacket, Impact 1/2 Zip and heathered short-sleeve tee in the limited-edition line, all stampted wtih the HOCR logo and all a perfect compliment to the “Regatta”.

Harvard’s crew teams will sport New Balance looks on the river throughout the weekend–thanks to this exclusive Head of the Charles collaboration, all Harvard collegiettes can rock the rower look onshore. The 990v1 “Regatta” is now available for purchase at The Tannery, New Balance Boylston, and in the New Balance online store. New Balance will also sell co-branded apparel with The Tannery at an exhibition tent throughout the Regatta weekend.

Headed to watch the Regatta this weekend? Send us your pictures–especially if you’re showing off your new HOCR New Balance kicks!