Rosa Huang ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Rosa is an amazing person, always happy to help with whatever anyone needs. She’s involved in some awesome things this semester — she told us about some of them here!

What do you do on campus? What are you involved in?

I currently split my time between being a mentor with Strong Women Strong Girls, a representative of Student Mental Health Liaisons, being Director of Philanthropy and Social Media Chair for Alpha Phi, and being a Research Assistant with the Harvard Decision Science Laboratory. For the first time in my six semesters here, I’ve actually sought out off-campus opportunities that are not tied to the university, so I also spend quite a bit of time as an intern at Argopoint, a legal consulting firm in Beacon Hill. 

Tell us about your guest blog that will be out soon! What is it for? Why do you want to write it?

I am so excited to write a guest blog for HerCampus especially because every time I read something witty or interesting written on the blog I wish I’d written it myself! Hopefully my post lives up to the challenge. I’ve been participating in the 100 Happy Days challenge, which requires you to take a picture of something that makes you happy, and you have to do it for each day 100 days in a row. Mental health and mental health initiatives are very important to me, and i started to do this challenge just to remind myself that especially if I am having a hard day, there’s always even a small thing to be happy about. That’s also why I want to write this post – to get others to appreciate happy moments and the little things. 

What are you most excited about for the rest of this semester?

As the Director of Philanthropy for Alpha Phi, I am in charge of our first annual Red Dress Gala (or more appropriately for our chapter, Red Dress Brunch). I am super excited to see how the event goes, and how we can pull it off successfully, and establish this tradition for the chapter for future years to come.

Tell us something on your Harvard Bucket List!

I haven’t even attempted the traditional Harvard bucket list yet so I think Primal Scream next Fall will be the first thing off the list I try to accomplish. From my own personal bucket list, I really want to perform in a show before I graduate, either in Expressions, Ghungroo, or Eastbound. Or all three. 
Elizabeth is a junior at Harvard, concentrating in comparative religion. She loves to dance, run, and write, and loves working for Her Campus!