Owen V. Prunskis ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Headed to Eleganza this Saturday? If you had planned on opting out (how could you?!), this week’s Campus Cutie will definitely change your answer. Allow us to introduce one of the models before you see him on the runway, Owen V. Prunskis! 

Year: 2015

House: Leverett

Hometown: Barrington Hills, IL

Concentration: Applied Math

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in three words: Curious, caring, and focused. 

If you were an ice cream flavor, you would be… Chocolate-Vanilla Swirl

Describe your ideal date: My ideal date takes place at an intimate, candle-lit restaurant. After having a spectacular meal (I’ll have the steak), we’ll go out to get some coffee, tea and dessert. We’ll then stroll along the banks of the Charles and off into the night.

Favorite place in Harvard Square: Daedalus Rooftop, basking in the sunshine

What are some extracurricular activities you’re involved with on campus? 

After stepping down from the Harvard Heavyweight crew team to pursue my Master’s degree, I spend my time as: a partner of a student-run stock portfolio, a board member of various social organizations, and in the winters, a volunteer camp leader for high school students.

How many years have you been in Eleganza? Which year’s show was your favorite, and why?

This is my first year in Eleganza, and it’s been an incredible experience. The first show I watched was during my pre-frosh weekend, and I was amazed at the talent and attractiveness of Harvard students. Despite a lack of background in performance, I knew I wanted to give it a try.

Can you give us any hints about what we’ll see in the show tomorrow night?

You’ll see many things for which words have yet to be created.

What’s been the most rewarding part of being in the Eleganza cast?

The best part has been meeting my amazing castmates, watching Zeke’s (scene 3 director) vision of the scene come together week after week, and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone.

What’s one thing on your Harvard Bucket list? 

Eleganza would be up there, so I’m happy to have this opportunity. I’m not a huge fan of lists–I like to seize opportunities when I see them.

See Owen and the rest of the Eleganza cast tear up the runway on Saturday, April 26th at 8pm in Lavietes Pavillion. General Admission tickets are still on sale, but selling quickly! For more HC Harvard info on the show, check out our past interivew with Eleganza executive producer Vivian Lee.