This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

I sit down with Nina in the crowded Quincy dining hall around lunchtime. We laugh for a bit, the conversation rolling naturally as she shoves down handfuls of French fries from the five or so plates surrounding her. I turn the talk to questions about herself – her favorite parts of Harvard, embarrassing moments, friends, etc. – and she answers in a carefree manner, flipping her hair and shoveling fries three at a time with a confidence that shines from her salt-covered fingers to her glinting eyes. I smile as the questions roll by, surprised and delighted by her down-to-earthedness. Unlike many other campus celebrities I’ve had to work with for HerCampus, she is unafraid to let go and work through those fries like it’s nobody’s business. Nina Sapers, this French fry loving improv angel, who also loves horses, is this week’s addition to HCH’s Celebrity Line-Up.

Who: Nina Sapers, Class of 2017

House: Quincy

Hometown: NYC

Concentration: English

Describe yourself in 3 words: mysterious, French, fries

Favorite HUDS meal: That weird orange chicken that just destroys the inside of your mouth.

If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be and why?

I would be Moon Mist – this flavor that’s a swirl of bubblegum, banana, and grape. It’s like blue, yellow, and purple ice cream, and you can only buy it in Canada. One time I tried to write the company to send me some and they were like . . . no. Actually they didn’t answer.

This flavor is like me because I am unique and you can only find me in Canada.

What are you involved in on campus?

I do HCSUCS, the Harvard college stand up society, and I’m a writer for satire 5. I’m also a writer and correspondent for on Harvard Time, and I do some plays- I’ve been involved in some productions put on by HRDC. Right now I’m in Spring Awakening.

Oooh, I also just joined WHRB, Harvard radio, so I can DJ and play hip hop music on the air.

What is your favorite Harvard memory thus far?

The time that I performed freshman year in the Halloween stand up show and I was a jazz robot. When I finished my set, I took of my robot head and said ‘I’m sorry I’m not really a robot, I just did this to impress my parents’ and pointed to some random couple in the audience. They loved it.

What do you look for in a significant other?

Tall. Glasses.

What is your best physical trait?

Eyeballs

Describe your ideal date.

Okay – He rescues me from a fire and I think its an old firefighter and then he takes off the firefighter mask and he’s actually young and tall with glasses and then we do that thing where we go on the swan boats in a pond you know and I have a little umbrella, a parasol, but we’re not all charred from the fire at that point you know we’re all cleaned up and we look all nice and then he surprises me with two tickets to my favorite band.

What’s on your Harvard bucket list?

I wanna introduce myself to Henry Louis Gates because I had a class with him and I was too scared to.

Favorite song:

My favorite song right now is Right There by Ariana Grande featuring Big Sean.

Favorite movie:

Breakfast at Tiffanys; I also like Brokeback mountain.

Favorite Quote:

“Wine”

Surprising fact about you:

I can touch my nose with my tongue also I broke my collar bone twice.

Most exciting moment of your life:

Birth.

Most embarrassing moment of your life:

Birth.

What are you most proud of?

I’ve been going to the same camp since I was like 10 years old, and lots of people who go to the camp apply to be counselors – It’s a very elite position among people who go there. Last summer I applied and got the job and got to be a counselor. I got to be a role model for all these kids who were just like me, and it was awesome.

Also, it’s the kind of place that doesn’t care what’s on your resume, they just care if you’re a hard worker and a nice person, which makes it really cool.

Your quirkiest trait is:

Sometimes I sit by myself and count all the freckles on my body, but I can’t see all of them so I’ll never reach a definite conclusion.

At any given moment, you are most likely to be found where on campus?

Probably in my bed. 

harvard contributor