Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Features

Summer Send-off

By Halie LeSavage
May 29, 2014 - 6:53pm

Dear Harvard collegiettes, READ MORE

For When You Become Sick of Lamont and Other Harvard Libraries

By Marwa Harp
May 5, 2014 - 10:12am

Reading period has officially begun, and though it might seem tempting to hit the libraries for a good studying environment, it’s a good idea to remember all the other awesome study spots around campus. Libraries might be close by and filled with great resources, but being surrounded by such a stressful atmosphere definitely has its faults. These are some other study spots around campus that you should consider taking advantage of:   1. Where: Second floor of Ticknor Lounge in Boylston Hall READ MORE

Best Kept Health Secrets On Campus

By Jahnavi Curlin
May 1, 2014 - 2:30am

As the temperature gets warmer and the skirts begin to emerge underneath the puffers, I’ve been thinking: It’s time to get whipped into shape! As Elle Woods so eloquently said, It’s not easy between lectures, club meetings, section, labs, and midterms.  But it is definitely possible, and so worth it – our campus has an amazing network if you’re looking to get into shape.  I’ve assembled the following guide to take advantage of all the amazing opportunities at Harvard! Gyms READ MORE

Six Things to Do in Boston Before Leaving for Summer

By Catherine Bousquet
April 29, 2014 - 1:00pm

If you’re anything like me, there were a lot of things you said you’d do this year in Boston, but soon days turned into weeks and weeks into months and there was simply far too much to do at Harvard to check off items from your Boston bucket list. But with the weather getting warmer and reading period approaching, you’ve got one last chance to unleash your inner tourist and cram things from this list into your schedule harder than you'll cram for that Econ exam.  READ MORE

Marathon Monday: My Two Year Journey

By Elizabeth Melampy
April 25, 2014 - 10:18am

“Your Boylston Street moment will make everything worth it. There is nothing like it. When you’re out there today, struggling, hurting, wishing you stayed in bed this morning, visualize the finish. Imagine all of those people going crazy while you make the final turn. That’s why we’re doing this. You’re going to have that moment.” So my charity team’s coach said last year, the morning of April 15th, 2013. The run that day was beautiful. People were out, I was enjoying myself; I was in pain but it was all going to be worth it. That’s what they told us. READ MORE

To the Class of '18: Making the Most Out of Visitas

By Marwa Harp
April 24, 2014 - 9:30pm

By May 1, 2014, a little over 2,000 students must accept or decline their offer of admission to attend Harvard College. Every year, to aid in the decision process of students, Harvard holds Visitas, its admitted students visit weekend. For the Class of 2018, some scheduled events include an Undergraduate Research Symposium, an Extracurricular Activities Fair, a “Pre-Frosh Palooza,” and more. Of course, none of these are required events and visiting students can attend any other crazy on campus party or stay in their host’s room the whole day and do nothing—no judgments made. From tours to meeting future classmates and more, Visitas promises a good time for visiting students. READ MORE

Glamour Magazine Panelists Spill Their Secrets of Success

By Halie LeSavage
April 20, 2014 - 7:51pm

Imagine that you have the chance to meet your future self. Once you're past the "how is this even possible?" aspect of the encounter, you'll want to ask yourself about a few things: how your family's doing, who you're still friends with, and, most importantly, where you are in that distant time--success-wise. Did you finally get hired by that consulting firm? Write that script? Run for office? Contribute to groundbreaking research? Is your life full of the successes you'd been dreaming of since the day you finished college--or, most likely, long before then?  READ MORE

When Women Lead: Insights and Experience from Women in Power

By Aubrey Stoddard
April 11, 2014 - 8:00pm

There is a wrought-iron gate that stands between the Canaday freshman dorms and the Science Center plaza. It is unassuming, without the pomp and myth of Johnston Gate or the humor of the Porcellian Club Gate. The gate—known as the Woman’s Entrance—is dedicated to the women attending Harvard in 1972, the first women to occupy Harvard Yard with men. READ MORE

4 Reasons to Never, Ever Watch Ivy

By Aubrey Stoddard
April 8, 2014 - 7:00pm

Ivy is a student-produced dramatic web series that aired its first episode on March 9th. I watched devoured all twenty-two minutes and eighteen seconds of that first installment, and I have one piece of advice for you: whatever you do, NEVER, EVER, EVER watch this series. Ever. You don’t trust my word? Okay, fine. I’ll give you four reasons to unfollow the Ivy page on Facebook, to exit out of the YouTube link, and to forget this show ever existed. 1. Hysterical and all-too-relatable scenes READ MORE

This Weekend: Harvard Relay for Life

By Catherine Bousquet
April 1, 2014 - 2:30pm

What’s better than spending time with your friends and favorite extracurricular groups (such as sororities, Harvard Radcliffe Dramatic Club, and Women In Science Harvard Radcliffe) on a Saturday evening? Doing so while fighting cancer, perhaps? This Saturday, join Harvard Relay for Life at Gordon Indoor Track in “Harvard’s largest sleepover--uniting the community in the fight against cancer”. READ MORE