Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Features

Leaning In, At Harvard and Beyond

By Halie LeSavage
September 18, 2014 - 5:45pm

In 2010, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg gave a now-famous TEDTalk on the noticeable absence of women in leadership positions. In 2013, her book Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead was published and placed her at the head of the recent movement for gender equality across all facets of the professional world. After the success of her book, LeanIn.Org was founded to continue Sandberg's mission of changing the trajectory for women and creating an equal world.  READ MORE

Guide to Extracurriculars at Harvard

By Chloe Volkwein
September 14, 2014 - 8:00am

Guide to Extracurriculars at Harvard Harvard can seem like an intimidating place when it comes to extracurricular activities.  There are so many organizations and it can be hard to know where to start and what to prioritize.  But the good news is that there is literally something for everyone!  If you like it, there’s probably a club, team, or group for it here.  So how do you begin to navigate extracurricular life at Harvard? 1. Read your emails READ MORE

Title IX Changes at Harvard and What They Mean for Women on Campus

By Talia Weisberg
September 12, 2014 - 10:00pm

If you go to Harvard, you’ve probably gotten a lot of emails and maybe even read a few Crimson articles about all the Title IX changes that have been going on. You’re probably also wondering, what exactly is Title IX? How does it impact you? What’s the significance of all these changes? Well, if you have any questions, you’ve come to the right place. What is Title IX, anyway? Title IX of the United States Education Amendments of 1972 states that “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.”...

Summer Send-off

By Halie LeSavage
May 29, 2014 - 6:53pm

Dear Harvard collegiettes, READ MORE

For When You Become Sick of Lamont and Other Harvard Libraries

By Marwa Harp
May 5, 2014 - 10:12am

Reading period has officially begun, and though it might seem tempting to hit the libraries for a good studying environment, it’s a good idea to remember all the other awesome study spots around campus. Libraries might be close by and filled with great resources, but being surrounded by such a stressful atmosphere definitely has its faults. These are some other study spots around campus that you should consider taking advantage of:   1. Where: Second floor of Ticknor Lounge in Boylston Hall READ MORE

Best Kept Health Secrets On Campus

By Jahnavi Curlin
May 1, 2014 - 2:30am

As the temperature gets warmer and the skirts begin to emerge underneath the puffers, I’ve been thinking: It’s time to get whipped into shape! As Elle Woods so eloquently said, It’s not easy between lectures, club meetings, section, labs, and midterms.  But it is definitely possible, and so worth it – our campus has an amazing network if you’re looking to get into shape.  I’ve assembled the following guide to take advantage of all the amazing opportunities at Harvard! Gyms READ MORE

Six Things to Do in Boston Before Leaving for Summer

By Catherine Bousquet
April 29, 2014 - 1:00pm

If you’re anything like me, there were a lot of things you said you’d do this year in Boston, but soon days turned into weeks and weeks into months and there was simply far too much to do at Harvard to check off items from your Boston bucket list. But with the weather getting warmer and reading period approaching, you’ve got one last chance to unleash your inner tourist and cram things from this list into your schedule harder than you'll cram for that Econ exam.  READ MORE

Marathon Monday: My Two Year Journey

By Elizabeth MeLampy
April 25, 2014 - 10:18am

“Your Boylston Street moment will make everything worth it. There is nothing like it. When you’re out there today, struggling, hurting, wishing you stayed in bed this morning, visualize the finish. Imagine all of those people going crazy while you make the final turn. That’s why we’re doing this. You’re going to have that moment.” So my charity team’s coach said last year, the morning of April 15th, 2013. The run that day was beautiful. People were out, I was enjoying myself; I was in pain but it was all going to be worth it. That’s what they told us. READ MORE

To the Class of '18: Making the Most Out of Visitas

By Marwa Harp
April 24, 2014 - 9:30pm

By May 1, 2014, a little over 2,000 students must accept or decline their offer of admission to attend Harvard College. Every year, to aid in the decision process of students, Harvard holds Visitas, its admitted students visit weekend. For the Class of 2018, some scheduled events include an Undergraduate Research Symposium, an Extracurricular Activities Fair, a “Pre-Frosh Palooza,” and more. Of course, none of these are required events and visiting students can attend any other crazy on campus party or stay in their host’s room the whole day and do nothing—no judgments made. From tours to meeting future classmates and more, Visitas promises a good time for visiting students. READ MORE

Glamour Magazine Panelists Spill Their Secrets of Success

By Halie LeSavage
April 20, 2014 - 7:51pm

Imagine that you have the chance to meet your future self. Once you're past the "how is this even possible?" aspect of the encounter, you'll want to ask yourself about a few things: how your family's doing, who you're still friends with, and, most importantly, where you are in that distant time--success-wise. Did you finally get hired by that consulting firm? Write that script? Run for office? Contribute to groundbreaking research? Is your life full of the successes you'd been dreaming of since the day you finished college--or, most likely, long before then?  READ MORE