Mother’s Day Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Mother’s Day is coming up this Sunday, and it’s time to shower our beautiful mothers with presents! In the throw of finals, it’s understandable if you’ve forgotten to order your dear mom a present, but there’s still time! Here are some ideas if you’re stuck:

1. A Picture Frame

I got my mom a picture frame last mother’s day, and included three pictures: one of me as a baby, another as a child, and the final a recent photo of us. She started crying on the spot. Mothers love to have any excuse to show off pictures of their gorgeous daughters! Opting for a multi-photo picture frame will allow you to have a wide range of pictures, showing your mom how much you’ve grown.

2. Jewelry

I know this is such a typical present, but there are so many cute jewelry options! Alex and Ani have adorable, personalized bracelets. This year I opted for a Dogeared necklace for my dear mom. Dogeared has designed necklaces specifically for Mother’s Day! I got my mom the Dogeared infinity necklace, and she told me that she hasn’t taken it off since she received it. A colorful watch is always a nice gift as well. Opt for something different and more creative than she already has.

3. Beauty Supplies

Almost every beauty brand has released a gift set for Mother’s Day. Pamper your mom with a Philosophy, Clinique, Essie, Lancome, Crabtree & Evelyn, or L’Occitane gift set. You could also get your mom a gift certificate to a local masseuse or spa, since she’s probably spending most of her time stressing about you while you’re at school.

4. Perfume

On a similar note, get your mom a new spring fragrance! One can never have too much perfume! Go for a light floral or fruity scent. Or if your mom has a favorite perfume, get her another bottle!

5. Gift Guides

Still don’t know what to buy? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Nordstrom, Macy’s, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Etsy, Rue La La, and more have an entire section of their websites devoted to Mother’s Day presents!