Jeremy Venook ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Jeremy is an amazing performer and friend. He’s always busy, but every time I see him he stops to give me a hug. He says he’s been told he gives good hugs — from personal experience, I know he does.

Name: Jeremy Venook

Year: 2015

House: Winthrop

Hometown: Millbrae, California

Concentration: Social Studies

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in 3 words: “Obsessed with movies” pretty much covers all the important stuff.

If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be? My favorite is mint chocolate chip, so I guess I’ll go with that.

Best Physical trait: I’m told I give good hugs – does that count?

Favorite place in the Square: The patio behind Winthrop Dining Hall when the weather’s nice; Burdicks when the weather isn’t.

What do you do on campus?

The biggest thing I’m involved with right now is CityStep, an organization that teaches dance to local elementary and middle school students. The kids just finished their big final show for the year last weekend, and I can honestly say I’ve never been so proud of a performance I’ve been involved in. Aside from that, I’ve also done a lot of theater and dance on campus (come see The Drowsy Chaperone, April 25-27 and May 1-4 in Farkas Hall!), and I’m a PAF for Canaday F.

What’s something on your Harvard Bucket list?

Wow, there are so many! I think one would be to watch every classic movie in the Harvard Library system.

What are you doing this summer?

That’s a good question–I’m still waiting to hear back from most of the places I applied to. One thing I do know is that I’ll be working in some preliminary thesis research, which makes me wish I had chosen to write a thesis on luxury hotels or something.

Elizabeth is a junior at Harvard, concentrating in comparative religion. She loves to dance, run, and write, and loves working for Her Campus!