The Harvard Square Gift Guide and Her Campus Giveaway!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

It’s that time of year again…you know, when we are all wrapping up finals (with a pretty gold ribbon) and have one day to get all of our last minute holiday gifts.  For the true procrastinators out there who don’t have time to run to Newbury Street to hunt  for deals before their flight, check out these places just around Harvard Square.

For the athletic friend:

Citysports.  Because it’s tucked away on the second floor above Ann Taylor and Anthropologie, it’s so easy to forget about!  But with so many health conscious people on one campus, there are a lot of great gift ideas to be found here.  A new water bottle, stop watch, running shorts, or an Underarmour shirt for the cold weather are all ideas that would make any athlete’s heart race.

For the trendy friend:

Anthropologie has some great new holiday gear and sales.  Stylish new hair barrettes are always a great idea because they are not something girls usually buy for themselves but they would definitely be grateful to receive!  Also, their gift cards come in adorable packages.  For something more affordable though, check out Zinnia on Mass Ave for some steals on jewelry.  There’s also Mint Julep, which has adorable rose rings in every color for only $10 and Topaz, which was featuring cute winter scarves on sale last week!

For the funny friend:

This one’s a no brainer.  With almost an entire floor dedicated to humor and hilarious items that everyone wants but no one actually wants to spend money on, Urban Outfitters is a college student’s dream.  Perfect for guys and girls alike, the first floor literally screams “buy me even though I have no practical use whatsoever!”  Seriously.  There are too many options.  If this store is too overwhelming or you’re going for something smaller, try Hidden Sweet next to Crema (also a viable option for the next category).

For the caffeine addict:

If you’re positive that they cannot get enough coffee all day, every day, then Starbucks gift cards or something sweet from Pete’s coffee will get their blood boiling with anticipation.  If you are not completely sure, go for a specialty store like Burdick’s or J.P. Licks that has other delicious treats in case they are not completely hooked onto a coffee IV yet (I know…impossible for collegiettes).

For that someone special:

Boys:  Literally you cannot go wrong with jewelry.  There are about ten jewelry stores within walking distance between Mass Ave and church street, find something pretty, sparkly, and preferably with a heart on it and she should be happy.  Also, a bouquet from Brattle Street Florist is a very nice touch.  Also, here’s a secret.  If a girl really likes you, mostly anything you get her or do for her will suffice.  All you need to do is show some thought and affection and you will make her entire holiday season.  But no pressure.

Girls:  Good luck with this one.  Guys are generally pretty difficult to shop for so it all depends on your guy.  If he’s sporty, please see example one.  If he’s into gaming, Newbury Comics may be the key to his heart.  If you’re in a new relationship or not quite sure what to get him, plan something that the two of you can do together.

Make holiday shopping fun!! Grab a friend, looks for some steals and deals, and make sure to make some laughs as you spend all the money you have worked so hard for an entire semester to earn ;)  While you’re at it, check out some free deals like this one!! Bryant HC correspondent, Jess Kline, is helping her mom with a Her Campus Holiday giveaway!!!  Just like her page on Facebook, and once they reach 500 hits, one lucky Her Campus reader will be entered to win free merchandise!  Don’t miss out! http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Real-Estate-Gallery-of-CT/136552266382307?ref=ts&fref=ts

Amanda is a member of the class of 2014 at Harvard from Connecticut, pursuing a degree in English with a secondary in Government and a citation in Spanish. When she is not planning her next trip, she can be found hidden in the back of a coffee shop working on her novel. Amanda is passionate about singing, theater, travel, and her family and is so excited to be working with Her Campus!